Some pics of my girls

Help Support CattleToday:

LoveMoo11

Reaction score
They seem to be doing well this summer-loving the pasture. The rain we had the past few weeks really made the grass tall and green. They are a little dirty though from the mud!

Petunia-She's 8, and the boss of everybody :p

My Hereford with the calf (not hers)

Me with Pansy-she is both a pest and a dream to work with. She'll walk right into the chute and you can do whatever you want with her-the only problem is she'd just as soon stay in there as get out and you can't run the rest of them thru :roll: She's always right behind me.

Having a grain treat!

Nice looking cows. Is Petunia bred for fall?

Are these recent pictures? It is still so cool up there you still need a sweatshirt (pardon my age, a hoodie)?? We have been sweltering here, that really caught my eye.

They seem to be doing well this summer-loving the pasture. The rain we had the past few weeks really made the grass tall and green. They are a little dirty though from the mud!

000_0040.jpg

Petunia-She's 8, and the boss of everybody

Bonessa_and_Blackberry_June_09.jpg

My Hereford with the calf (not hers)

000_0036.jpg

Me with Pansy-she is both a pest and a dream to work with. She'll walk right into the chute and you can do whatever you want with her-the only problem is she'd just as soon stay in there as get out and you can't run the rest of them thru She's always right behind me.

000_0035.jpg

Having a grain treat!

Yeah we're a long time from sweat s and hoodies in so louisiana. 107 degrees on the porch today.
Great lokking herd.
Pansy looks to be plum rotten.

None of them are bred right now-my grandparents just sold their farm and I just recently got control of the herd (my grandfather wasn't really on the ball and he had some health issues) so I am still getting caught up-did their vaccinations yesterday. I have been looking around for a bull-would love to do A.I. but since I am at school I'm not around all the time to watch for heats but I'm thinking about doing some lute if I don't find a bull within the next couple weeks. It has been OK weather up here-but some cold days. You usually need a sweatshirt in the morning and afternoon even if it is a nice day. Its been a crappy rain and stuff the last couple of weeks too :frowns:The pics are from last week.
Thanks for making the pics bigger too.

LoveMoo11-

If you can locate someone to AI your cows, and select a pretty good Angus bull for a sire, you could have some GREAT calves by next May or June, and not lose a whole year without an income from them!

Time is of the essence - RIGHT NOW!

DOC HARRIS

you have some nice looking cows there.take your time getting them caught up on things.you have something to work with.

Latest posts