Reaction score
cow014.jpg
cow013.jpg
cow018.jpg
cow020.jpg
cow022.jpg
cow021.jpg
cow024.jpg
[/img]We haven't had chickens for 2 years, had to take down the old coop and rebuild a bigger, nicer one. We also extended the run which over grew with weeds w/o chickens to pick it clean...these ones are working on it now tho.

Looks good. We had to switch to wire to hang the feeder and waterer because the rope we had kept stretching. Are those Ameracauna pullets?

MO_cows":2t68amk7 said:
Looks good. We had to switch to wire to hang the feeder and waterer because the rope we had kept stretching. Are those Ameracauna pullets?

Thanks. Golden Comets. Got them May 21, 09 and RoosterBoy is up front in the pics. He came out whiter than the pullets. He just started to crow, or try. Heehee. It sounds so funny. He's also just starting to mount the girls. Seems kinda early to me. I got 25, but sold 5 to the farmer up the road.

bigbull338":2xcw77qs said:
you have a nice looking henhouse.an goodlooking lil pullets.
grannysoo":2xcw77qs said:
Chickens are good. Nice looking pen too!

Thank you. Hubby is the best! :heart: Sunday, he put roosts in and a big shelf with an edge around it to lay their eggs. I had boxes the last time and decided to try the shelf, the boxes were harder to clean out and couldn't fit as many hens there at one time. I figure they may not have the "get out-this is my box" fighting they did. The shelf is removable for easy cleaning; and, if it doesn't work, he said he can put some boxes together for me in no-time. I cleaned and repaired the rabbit cages and got the big stall for my calf all cleaned up. All that's left to do in the barn is get the big door on rollers and put some boards up by the window in her stall. And take down a bunch of cob webs.

cow027.jpg
cow027.jpg

cow028.jpg
[/img]

Just some more pics.

Looks good, there is nothing better than home grown farm eggs and chickens.

I almost talked myself into getting some chickens, but I finally came to my senses. :lol2:

That wall behing the rabbits won't last long unless you put up something to deflect the urine. They can smell worse than a hog unless you really go after the bedding under those cages regularly. We used to use the trays from old brooders to deflect the rabbit urine, then they can be hauled outside and washed once in a while.

3waycross":1enugc5h said:
That wall behing the rabbits won't last long unless you put up something to deflect the urine. They can smell worse than a hog unless you really go after the bedding under those cages regularly. We used to use the trays from old brooders to deflect the rabbit urine, then they can be hauled outside and washed once in a while.

That fiberglass was all we had to keep the pee off of the walls. It looks crappy. The ones on the wall are fixed and cannot be removed for easy cleaning unless they come off for good. Lime helps keep the smell down too. BTW I just lost my california rabbit yesterday. :( She was a retired breeder that was about 6 years old. The big brown female is her daughter and my son's rabbit that never was bred. We've thought about starting to raise rabbits again, but haven't made up our minds yet.

When I get too old to wrassle cows amymore(and I may already be) I am gonna go back to raising rabbits. I like em and would rather eat fried rabbit than any other meat. I like the old ones too , baked in white wine and butter.

I just really hate killing them. The older I get the harder that seems to be.

Yea, it would be relatively easy to start up again. Still have all the equipment and boxes. Just don't know about how much room we have for the cages now that calf is in that stall.

People keep telling us that it would be best if we raised our own food especially now that The Jackasses did it……HR 2749 the Seizure of the US food supply and production passed the Househttp://farmwars.info/?p=1320.

BTW does anyone know if this will effect the Amish? There are many Amish families around here and I just wondered.

Latest posts