Some photos I really like

Help Support CattleToday:

Keren

Reaction score
My little patch of earth, Perth, WA, Australia
Just cos I was digging through the old photos to find a couple for a friend.

Wheat crop just starting to take off

1_.JPG

Waterfall in Tasmania

063_PB_1.JPG

Elephant when a circus stopped close by

Cattle_Scrapbook_035.JPG

Little girl who talked to our big bull, Cappucino, at one of the local shows

Cattle_264.JPG

Bonnie, when she was a kitten, climbing on the flyscreen - 'Let me in pleeeeeeease'

Bonnie_1_.JPG

Jet in an old ute

Dog.JPG

Ginger Meggs ...

gihi_375.jpg

Show team at Melbourne Royal 2005, relaxing

Melbourne_05_03.jpg

Zack, one of my five nephews, inventor of the cheese and jam on rice cakes lunch

Miscellaneous_049.JPG

Best mate, Celia, in Tassie

More_Scenery_1_.jpg

Iceberg, doing what he does best ... being a BULL

Mum_s_photos_436.jpg

Storm rolling in one evening

New_Photos_264.JPG

Yerong Creek sunset

New_Photos_215.JPG

Zack meeting his new brother, Logan

Mum_s_Photos_230c.jpg

Storm brewing in Kosciuszko National Park

Scenery.JPG

Little waterfall into the river after the storm above (been going to this same spot for so many years, only seen this waterfall twice)

Scenery_1_.JPG

My steer, Mario. Grand Champion on hoof at Sydney Royal 2004, black limo, orphaned at 3 weeks and put on grain. Was too fat to get the champ on the hook. The sweetest best tempered steer of all I have shown.

Sydney_Stud_04_07.jpg

Week old angus bull calf, 'Frankfurt', at Sydney show 2005. Also my avatar. Mum was the craziest bitch I've ever had the pleasure of working with. I washed her with a broom.

Sydney_Stud_05_04.jpg

Wonderful pictures, thanks for sharing them. Is that a border collie or a heeler sticking his head out of the vehicle? Is he (she) a help or a hindrance (like mine) to your cattle operation?

loved all of your pics. but my faves had to be the show team on and the little girl with your bull and of course the one of your nephew with jam all over him. :)

Great pics. Do you keep a camera at the ready? So many times I've wished I'd brought along my camera for shots that'll never be available again.

Thanks for sharing these, Keren.

Alice

Alice":3v0pgojw said:
Great pics. Do you keep a camera at the ready? So many times I've wished I'd brought along my camera for shots that'll never be available again.

Thanks for sharing these, Keren.

Alice

I usually don't have the camera with me or the batteries are flat. Especially when it comes to livestock photos, you'll see the most perfect poses when you don't have the camera with you, but go and fetch the camera and they'll never pose for you.

Keren, are you in one of the photos?

Some really good photos Keren. Thanks for sharing. I should carry my camera around with me more. there have been many opportunities when I wished I had my camera, but didnt. Thanks again.

nap, she's a border collie. We have five working dogs (all female) and she's not the best, but not the worst. They all have their problems and their good points. Maggots is an old champion at trials, but because of that she doesnt understand fences, and trys to get the animals to move through the fence. Jet is really enthusiastic, sometimes too enthusiastic, you have to watch her otherwise she just chases, sometimes she gets carried away and nips. Annie works quietly but sometimes doesnt have enough force. Undies is the best of the lot, but she's a one man dog and will only work for other people when her favourite isnt there. Ugly has a lot of force and is good in the yards and truck, but cant work a paddock. So I guess you just have to know your dogs, know your livestock and pick the right dog to suit the mob and the situation you are in.

Alice ... I miss those great shots too. :frowns: I try to have my camera with me most of the time though.

Harley, no I'm not in any of them. I'm behind the camera ;-)

Keren":1hcweqjg said:
nap, she's a border collie. We have five working dogs (all female) and she's not the best, but not the worst. They all have their problems and their good points. Maggots is an old champion at trials, but because of that she doesnt understand fences, and trys to get the animals to move through the fence. Jet is really enthusiastic, sometimes too enthusiastic, you have to watch her otherwise she just chases, sometimes she gets carried away and nips. Annie works quietly but sometimes doesnt have enough force. Undies is the best of the lot, but she's a one man dog and will only work for other people when her favourite isnt there. Ugly has a lot of force and is good in the yards and truck, but cant work a paddock. So I guess you just have to know your dogs, know your livestock and pick the right dog to suit the mob and the situation you are in.

Alice ... I miss those great shots too. :frowns: I try to have my camera with me most of the time though.

Harley, no I'm not in any of them. I'm behind the camera ;-)

Keren, thanks for the response. We have been raising Border Collies for about 20 years. We presently have eight and they vary in cattle sense from good to none, but we love them all. I am working with a puppy now. I want to teach him to drive. So he can help me in working cattle into the working facility and moving them from paddock to paddock in our MIG system. Sounds like you have a great bunch as well.

Latest posts