Some people won't listen

Help Support CattleToday:

Chris H

Reaction score
We've got cattle at a local fair right now. I was watching the teenage girl across from us trying to handle her heifer. She brought the heifer to the stall and tried to tie her. The heifer kept butting her so the girl was screaming and hitting her, and the heifer just kept ramming back. The girl was throwing a real hissy fit and her mom was doing everything in the world to appease her, meaning the girl had learned throwing hissy fits got her everything she wanted.
I should have realized she didn't want any cattle handling tips, she just wanted attention. But I walked over, and quietly pointed out that if she had tied the neck tie in the hole to the right of the heifer she could get the neck tie on first then tie the halter in the hole to the left of the heifer without the heifer beating on her. Last I saw both halter and neck ties were tied to the same hole, & the heifer was still butting her when she tried to feed or untie her. And the girl was still screaming and beating her heifer.

I wouldn't say she was looking for attention, she probably just got frustrated and wanted to solve the problem on her own. I bet next time you see her at a show she will have her heifer tied up correctly

AngusSenorita":xgr1y89q said:
I wouldn't say she was looking for attention, she probably just got frustrated and wanted to solve the problem on her own. I bet next time you see her at a show she will have her heifer tied up correctly

Sounds like a hard head to me. Next show she will still continue to do it the same way. LOL

AngusSenorita":20g3frd3 said:

It happened on Wednesday morning, as of this morning(Friday), everything is the same. We don't have any kids in Jr Fair so I don't know any of the advisors. If I did I'd be talking to the advisor and see if the advisor worked with trying to teach the kids something.

I know a few people like that. They have to do things their own way. One kid I know likes to wrap the rope around his waist when walking his steer (which has thrown him around several times already). Another girl wont do anything that anyone else recommends. Even when the big breeder that she got her heifer from (the same place Im working now) told her do not just switch feeds on them, she did. These people just seem to know so much about what isnt so.

TxCoUnTrYbOy":y3x00xcv said:
I know a few people like that. They have to do things their own way. One kid I know likes to wrap the rope around his waist when walking his steer (which has thrown him around several times already). Another girl wont do anything that anyone else recommends. Even when the big breeder that she got her heifer from (the same place Im working now) told her do not just switch feeds on them, she did. These people just seem to know so much about what isnt so.
Hi im sort of new here by the way im red. i think theyv done well in the past and it's gone to there heads. but thats just me . :idea: :cboy: