some people in this world....

Help Support CattleToday:

grand chaser09

Reaction score
I'm sorry but i have to vent for a second. A few weeks ago my moms cat was attacked by a pitbull. Well, last night it showed up again and our cat made it to the garage before it could get her again. My step dad, Mark, went out to talk to the boy on the 4Wheeler the dog was following and was telling him to take the dog home and if it came back we were going to shoot it. [its leagal as long as its being distructive to anything on our property]

While they were yelling and arguing at each other i saw headlights at the end of our road. The car that was comming had pleanty of room to go around them both. I stood their and witnessed this car accelerate and smash into the front left of the 4Wheeler. When it hit, the 4Wheeler spun and Mark went flying about 10-15 feet into the air. I began yelling his name and my mom and I ran to the side of the road to him. [Note:boy on 4wheeler was about 17-18] Mark wouldn't stay on the ground and he was very unstable. He ended up with a mild concussion [he though it was 2005], thank goodness nothing worse.

We ended up with 2 sherifs cars, 2 big fire trucks, and an ambulance in front of our house. The crash was so loud people from the end of our road came out to see what happened. We all came home from the hospital at about 11ish last night. All came out fine.

Now i just got a phone call from my om telling me that the cops have found the car that hit them. It is at the pitbulls owners house. But no one will answer the door. I don't know what will happen now that the cops have found him. But once i find out i will keep you all updated.

p.s. we really don't live in a bad neighborhood either.

:eek: That is absolutely ridiculous!!
If people are going to have animals they should train them and be responsible for them. This is why pitbulls and similar breeds get bad reputations, because people can't take care of them. I can't believe they would actually go to that extent with the car!! I hope your stepdad is doing OK and continues to recover!!!

What LM11 said! The person driving the care needs to be arrested. Please, keep us updated!

Alice

Is the person on the four wheeler related to the people that hit him in the truck? What a strange thing... And yes, you should be able to shoot the dog.

Dont' worry. The law will find that idiot.

yep it's strange. the law usually gives sorry trash like that a slap on the wrist. and their right back screwing up another good neighborhood......................

Well as of yeasterday afternoon Mark found the car. It is at the pits owners house. 3 sherifs went to the door and knocked for about an hour or so. Noone answered the door. The paint found at the scene matched up with the cars. But noone including myself saw who was driving the car. Now the investigation isn't with the sherifs it has been switched to traffic control and we have a new detective. [Mark said thats fine with him because the sherifs he was talking to were Rosco, Enius, and Boss Hogg :lol: ]

As far as i know Lammie the boy, Chris, that was on the 4wheeler is not realted to the man but is probably friends with him. My mom and Mark saw Chris and some of his freinds come out of a trail by the mans house so we asume that they told him what he did. Soon after the man got in his truck and left and hasn't been back home since.

Personally i believe it was this man that hit them. When questioned one of the boys said they saw the man pick up the pit at the raod that runs next to his house. One of the boys did say he was "messed up" on drugs or alcohol i don't know and he was just maeesing with Mark and the boy Chris that was on the 4wheeler and swerved at them but didn't have the ability to correct himself.

If this man is honestly dumb enough to do that then whats to say he won't hit my 8 and 9 year old little brother and sister if their riding their bikes on the road while i watch them?? Another thing i have picked up from all of this is that if they can prove the mand deliberatly hit Mark and Chris[who wasn't injured] car insuance will not pay for it because it was a malicious act. So we would have to take him to court to pay for the medical bills.

Well, I hope they find out who it was so that your dad can press charges against him.

where ever you see white trash, you can bet you'r hinny there be a pitbull.... some moved in by me a couple years ago....i say some... i mean some more. they had a pit that terrorised the neighborhood and chased every car that passed by. one afternoon he made a dive for the front tire on my ton... not counting on the rear outside tire being on him pronto................there he met his fate. i swear you'd have thought i killed a family member, i tried too muster up a little remorse ;-)

Well it is true. Almost all white trash does have one. And i'll almost bet he is.

grannysoo":dakwf95b said:
alacattleman":dakwf95b said:
i tried too muster up a little remorse ;-)

Remorse should be reserved until it's needed. Seems like the words "you're next" could have been appropriate. :lol:
i nearly got the female they recently came up with, about a month ago. she tried the same stunt... but i just winged her..... these folks cant pay their dam light bill, or rent, but they can give hundreds for a dog.

alacattleman":34evkljn said:
grannysoo":34evkljn said:
alacattleman":34evkljn said:
i tried too muster up a little remorse ;-)

Remorse should be reserved until it's needed. Seems like the words "you're next" could have been appropriate. :lol:
i nearly got the female they recently came up with, about a month ago. she tried the same stunt... but i just winged her..... these folks cant pay their dam light bill, or rent, but they can give hundreds for a dog.
what I always liked was the ones that didn't realize I had a trailer on :banana: :banana:

once while pulling my trailor, i seen a dog laying in the road that i thought was dead so i lined up to run center over him. i did, then looked in my rear view as i cleared him and he jumped up and took off :shock:

[/quote]
what I always liked was the ones that didn't realize I had a trailer on :banana: :banana:[/quote]

Angus Cowman,

Hee, Hee........... Good one! :lol: :lol:

The trailer thing is one of my favorite memories of a similar situation that happened to us about 20 yrs
ago. No matter how smart a stupid car chasing dog thinks he is; they just cannot figure out how to dodge that "second set of wheels" when the trailer scores the hit.

I was starting to feel bad about knocking off a car chasing mongrel dog in our community until I found out how happy it had made some of the neighbors when they found it out. Apparently; this dog had been allowed to run loose for some time and had even attacked the kids of a couple families in their own yards before he decided to "attack" my truck. Then the tandem axle trailer I was towing took him to his great reward.

It was awful hard to keep from........ :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2:

HUS

alacattleman":3glzgsm3 said:
once while pulling my trailor, i seen a dog laying in the road that i thought was dead so i lined up to run center over him. i did, then looked in my rear view as i cleared him and he jumped up and took off :shock:

Thats just sick.

As for the other poster with having the pit bull problems usually Id say just shoot the dog but I think that would just give you extra problems. Next time he came on your property just beat him good and run him off. Most dogs are smart enough to stay away then.

CattleHand":26zx2kev said:
alacattleman":26zx2kev said:

Thats just sick.

As for the other poster with having the pit bull problems usually Id say just shoot the dog but I think that would just give you extra problems. Next time he came on your property just beat him good and run him off. Most dogs are smart enough to stay away then.
not gonna take a chance beating a pit........ he comes on my property a threat, he'll leave a few ounces heavier

alacattleman":3lgi2n65 said:
CattleHand":3lgi2n65 said:
alacattleman":3lgi2n65 said:

Thats just sick.

not gonna take a chance beating a pit........ he comes on my property a threat, he'll leave a few ounces heavier

I'm kinda with you on that one.

Alice

alacattleman":1h43fkmj said:

Actually, when they come on the property, they never seem to leave. My farm is sort of like a bermuda triangle for dogs that are not kept under control.

Nope. Haven't seen your dog.........

grannysoo":3i5hro9u said:
alacattleman":3i5hro9u said:

Actually, when they come on the property, they never seem to leave. My farm is sort of like a bermuda triangle for dogs that are not kept under control.

Nope. Haven't seen your dog.........

I guess when they find themselves within that Bermuda triangle; they wind up with lead poisoning......

I love my own animals and always show restraint and respect for animals that belong to others, but I expect THEM to take accountability for their actions. When they fail to control their animals, or show a total lack of respect for the safety or property of others they have to face the consequences. That fault most times rests with the owner and the animal winds up paying the price.

But each landowner must decide when enough is enough.

Sorry, but I have absorbed enough losses and seen others that could have controlled their animals look the other way and never offer to compensate for damages.

grannysoo........ I'm with you! :tiphat:

Latest posts