some people in this world....

Help Support CattleToday:

I had to put my own dog down about a year ago,it had a day old calf down chewing on it.
Didn't want to but sometimes you do what you gotta do.
I would not hesitate on shooting a stray dog in my pasture.
There's probably more calves killed by dogs than yotes, although most blame the yotes.

Cal

Calman":2grkvh5y said:
I had to put my own dog down about a year ago,it had a day old calf down chewing on it.
Didn't want to but sometimes you do what you gotta do.
I would not hesitate on shooting a stray dog in my pasture.
There's probably more calves killed by dogs than yotes, although most blame the yotes.

Cal

I agree on that last statement. Those wild dogs can be the worse. But as for the posters conflict I could see shooting someones pitbull (someone who associates with people willing to drive trucks at you) could end up being a worse situation.

WOW, I hope some of you don't live near me! My neighbour told me when we are home they never see my dog. When we are gone though the dog sits IN the road and chases cars both ways. I have seen him IN the road when we come from the less used direction....He is never IN the road when we come from the highway. He is not dangerous to people or other pets though and I don't know how to stop him from this dumb performance. He is a Sheltie. Always thought they were smart dogs 'til I got him! haha

Neighbor has a labrador(sp?) retriever that would lay by the road when they were gone and chase every truck or car that came by,but when they were home he wouldn't do it.
One day he got me to drive my pu by his house real slow,and he got in the back with a cattle probe.
When his dog got close, biting at the rear wheel, he raised up and leaned over the side and zapped him real good and hollered out the dog's name.
The dog must think now that the neighbor might be riding in every auto cause now all he does is just turn circles in the yard,like chasing his tail,when one goes by.

Cal

Shot my nieghbors pitbull once, and their bull mastiff. I got in big trouble over it too, In the words of the deputy that knew the whole story. " you did it all wrong" they pretty much had to prosecute. At least i know that these dogs won't be attacking any more kids, or me.

Yeah it is still surprising how stupid and nutty some people are now a days.
Got a call from a friend awhile back. Found out that I was being accused of going into a certain persons house and doing some damage. Not true. The person who was making that accusation was actually the one who did the damage to their own house.

Pitbulls are a band dog here, you have to have a special licence to own one, and if it is not muzzled and on a leash, when out you can find you have a big fine and months in prison. When released you are not allowed to own a dog again. If any dog is causing trouble the dog catcher will come and take the dog away, and most dogs are ordered to be distroyed by the local Police. There are very few stray dogs here anymore.

Update on Mark: bruises are huge and a multitude of colors... like a rainbow haha. he's sore and acting like he's 5 again. ugh. The guy still has yet to show back up at the house. he took his dog with him.

But we've had our run in with dogs. i was about 6ish and had a husky show up and chase me all the way back to the house where it tried to follow me inside. dad shot him and hauled him off in the swamp and dumped him. the owners came up to the house and asked if we had seen him my dad said "Well, we saw him. He was headin in that direction." and pointed off towards where he dumped him. :)

We've also had those ones who like to chase my show calves and then take off toward the back pasture of my gramps house. where they eventually get shot and killed.

Had some folks near us when I lived in Joshua that had bad dogs. My son and I were picking blackberries on the sides of the roads and they started going after us. I called the landlord of the house where the dogs were and she said she had no control over it. I told her that since she owned the house, it would be her I sued when we got bit. I then called the Sheriff's and the deputy had to spray two of the dogs with pepper spray to get them to leave him alone, then the owner came back home and she started yelling and screaming and the deputy. Bad idea. It was better than TV. Deputy called for back up and long story short, she went to jail, and the dogs went away.

Turned out, one of the neighbors kids had been bitten but it did not break skin. You have to report all dog bites in Texas, I guess, even when they don't break skin.

You could not even go outside without these dogs getting after you. Deputy told us to shoot them if they were on our property. I can't stand an irresponsible dog owner.

chrisy":1c9hayuq said:
Pitbulls are a band dog here, you have to have a special licence to own one, and if it is not muzzled and on a leash, when out you can find you have a big fine and months in prison. When released you are not allowed to own a dog again. If any dog is causing trouble the dog catcher will come and take the dog away, and most dogs are ordered to be distroyed by the local Police. There are very few stray dogs here anymore.
dam!! that law would be worth its weight in gold here, not ever being able too own a dog again, priceless....

alacattleman":ixkby1fz said:
chrisy":ixkby1fz said:
dam!! that law would be worth its weight in gold here, not ever being able too own a dog again, priceless....

it'd be worth alot here too! wonder if they can do that with kids destroying property??

Latest posts