some pasture pics

Help Support CattleToday:

ddd75

Reaction score

back fields look even better.. i have places past my thighs.

this was all bear dirt converted bean fields last year

Bright Raven":3js2ejdo said:
Soil over there is Good!

all last year we were pretty droughty. .I planted it in the spring and it only grew about 2" the entire year until late fall.. then it boosted up to about 6" .. I was pretty worried as I had to buy all my hay last year..

Looks like i might be ok this year its doing wonderful. can't imagine it doing any better really.

looks like this weekend i might be able to start cutting.

ddd75":3c7fhraq said:
Bright Raven":3c7fhraq said:
Soil over there is Good!

all last year we were pretty droughty. .I planted it in the spring and it only grew about 2" the entire year until late fall.. then it boosted up to about 6" .. I was pretty worried as I had to buy all my hay last year..

Looks like i might be ok this year its doing wonderful. can't imagine it doing any better really.

looks like this weekend i might be able to start cutting.

It is absolutely pouring here now. Won't it be too wet this weekend? Suppose to rain again Friday.

ouch.. looks like its going to rain fri sat sun now.. a couple days ago they were callin for nothin. figured it'd dry out in time..

oh well this stuff is still developing roots so giving it more time will be fine. even if it develops some seed thats ok with me..

going to have to buy a tedder for sure.

That is some of the best looking forage I've seen in a long time. Almost tempts you to pour dressing on it and eat.

Jogeephus":3pv0d9d6 said:
That is some of the best looking forage I've seen in a long time. Almost tempts you to pour dressing on it and eat.
thanks! I stand at the window all day and look at it blowing in the wind .. too wet to do anything else!

Much better than watching the dust blow like it is here. We aren't critical yet and we have a chance of rain today so maybe things will lush up some. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Latest posts