Some Old School Shorthorns

Help Support CattleToday:

3waycross

Reaction score
This has pretty much been a closed herd for the last 20 years. Nuthin flashy, just some good cows.

Wow. Those are some good-looking gals. Nothing better than throwing those girls with a good Hereford bull. I would definitely be in the market for the heifers off of a cross like that. Shorthorns and Simmi's are tied for my 2nd favorite breed. :cowboy:

It's a good thing we don't live closer. You could pick my pocket with that last cow.

Coyote":3qtj4gam said:
Nice , functional, broody, cows. Are they registered? What is their breeding?

They are not registered.

As far as bloodlines go: We used to say out of New Mexico, by Horse trailer. :nod:

cfpinz":8v3tdnfc said:
It's a good thing we don't live closer. You could pick my pocket with that last cow.

she's a real good cow, probably my favorite of the old cows. Two years ago she threw a Cherry red heifer like herself. last year, a blk one with the exact same markings.

Good looking girls. Looks like they have good groceries for their babies.
My daughter and I are looking to purchase a shorthorn heifer. The Michigan Beef Expo is coming up and we should be able to find what we are looking for. I plan to put a Piedmontese on her. One of my mentors has some shorthorn females and we purchased some beef from that cross, I have to say that is some of the best tasting beef I have ever had the pleasure of eating. We are going to try to make our own.

I would just about bet there is some Haumont breeding fairly close up in their breeding.

turning grass into beef":1hm9rti1 said:
Just like you said, nothing flashy, just some good cows. Thats what they look like to me.
We have found that the good ones usually aren't flashy. If they are flashy they won't survive under the management on most ranches.

The cows that go unnoticed; that just produce without trouble, those are the best.

Latest posts