Some of the younger calves today

Help Support CattleToday:

Rosielou

Reaction score
Found most of the younger calves in a group and thought I would take a picture. :D All are from a black angus bull, and are mostly black.
tumblr_n2m3x2nPBa1rdftrko1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n2m3x2nPBa1rdftrko2_1280.jpg

Black and white spotted heifer is a longhorn cross, but she should be polled. Her mom is polled and last year's calf was too, but she may be a wild card. Her second calf in our pasture. I'll probably keep her because her mom has been a good cow so far and the color doesn't bother me.
The biggest black bullcalf in the first picture with white on his forehead is from a beefmaster type momma cow. One of my best cows. Momma's third calf. I like how he is turning out so far; really gentle and is growing like a weed.
Brown one is a rattail bull calf from a char x momma cow. So far he's growing really well and he looks like he'll make a good paycheck. Momma's second calf.
Red one is a heifer from a f1 herf x brahma momma cow, also one of my best cows. She'll probably get almost black when she's older, her sister was born red and is black now as a 2 year old. I'll keep her too. Not sure how old the momma is, maybe 6-7+ but is still one of my favorite cows.