Some of the girls (pics)

Help Support CattleToday:

JHH

Reaction score
Blackbullcalf016.jpg

DSCF0028.jpg

DSCF0029.jpg

Last pic is a cow that I got rid of lately she weaned off a 600 lb heifer calf (no creep) and weighed 1050 lbs

Last pic is a cow that I got rid of lately she weaned off a 600 lb heifer calf (no creep) and weighed 1050 lbs

Why did you get rid of her?

Phenotypically going on just what I can see in these photos she would have been my first pick, then the second cow (although i doubt she's much of a milker) and then the first.

KNERSIE":2gqigfqt said:

Phenotypically going on just what I can see in these photos she would have been my first pick, then the second cow (although i doubt she's much of a milker) and then the first.

Ditto! Inquiring minds want to know!

George

Herefords.US":3r30npsy said:
KNERSIE":3r30npsy said:

George

I am gonna go with udder???

Red

redfornow":2kuemg5t said:
Herefords.US":2kuemg5t said:
KNERSIE":2kuemg5t said:

George

Red

Bingo. Look at first pic, It was taken this year and you can see the cow I culled next to the one pictured. She is the very thin one and had a bad udder. That pic of last one was taken in 05

The second cow has an outstanding heifer this year but as Kernsie said not much milk there.

The first pic while not your great show type always raises a big calf and they are much better than she is. That really is bad pic of her. I will see if I can find a old pic of her when she was a yearling.

I also have kept 3 daughters out of the cow in the last pic and they are doing well and dont seem to have the udder problems that mother did.

redfornow":2y83iksd said:
Herefords.US":2y83iksd said:
KNERSIE":2y83iksd said:

George

Red

I knew I was smarter than george, just didnt know how it would come out???

redfornow":2zzwak1n said:

Even a blind hog can find an acorn every now and then, red! It's even more rare when a Kentucky Wildcat finds one! :tiphat: :lol2:

George

Herefords.US":1a83o5rl said:
redfornow":1a83o5rl said:

Even a blind hog can find an acorn every now and then, red! It's even more rare when a Kentucky Wildcat finds one! :tiphat: :lol2:

George

Thats sooooo true..... :dunce:

Latest posts