Some of the Beefmaster heifers.

Help Support CattleToday:

Joy in Texas

Reaction score
We went out to one of our leases to check on the girls. Heres a few pictures.
Salebarncalves8-28-07092.jpg

Salebarncalves8-28-07098.jpg

Salebarncalves8-28-07086.jpg

Salebarncalves8-28-07038.jpg

Salebarncalves8-28-07101.jpg

i love those big nice slick heiferrs.they are fat an sassy.looks to me like they are ready to breed as well.how old are they.

Nice heifers...

That landscape looks familar???

Got to love that 4th picture... highlighter yellow shirt that you probably got free at an event, white beard, and a tall boy. That should be on a poster with TEXAS RANCHER across the top.

bigbull338":wc8yr9ex said:
i love those big nice slick heiferrs.they are fat an sassy.looks to me like they are ready to breed as well.how old are they.
Thanks Bigbull, They have had no feed. Just grass and minerals they just keep getting fatter. We take cubes out to them maybe once a week. Just so they don't forget us.
They are between the ages of 16-18 months old. A bull will be takened out there in a couple of weeks.

Rustler9":1mw6wpqe said:
Love those Beefmasters. They look good, so does the grass, something we don't have up here.
Thanks Rustler, I wish I could say I've worked hard raising them. But they did it all on their own.
I wish I could send you some boxes of grass. We went thru what you are going thru for a couple years. So I feel for all of you. and pray ya'll get some rain soon.

I keep saying to myself that if we can just get through this year and on into next spring hopefully it will change for us. I was in Lockhart, TX last weekend for the Butler Breeders sale and it was totally opposite of last year when I was there. Last year looked like a desert, this year everything was lush and green, water, grass and hay everywhere.

Nice lookin heifers.

What do the EPD's look like on that old Bull leanin on the pickup.

Considering the age on him he ought to have 4 or 500 heifers on the ground by now.

Don't look like he'd be a heifer bull though.

Nope not spoiled at all! :D
Look at them all lined up at the grub trough patiently waiting for desert.

That green grass is something to be envious about. The temp is zero C here this morning. Winter is coming. I hate it.

The heifers are lovely and will make some wonderful broody cows.

Those are some great looking heifers!! I wish I had a pasture full of them. How are far are you from Houston?

texast":1vkx9ado said:
Those are some great looking heifers!! I wish I had a pasture full of them. How are far are you from Houston?
Thank you, We are about 3-3and a half hours from Houston going towards Seguin.

Joy,

That's a good set of heifers you've got. Congratulations.

What kind of bull will you be breeding them to?

EC

Thanks, I'm not real sure yet of which bull I'm going to use. I bought 2 bulls from Harold Jambers in April. They will be arriving in a week. I own a grandson out of Cherokee Phantom.
I also found this bull yesterday. He's out of Apache's Heart.
625-bull.jpg

He was a calf when this picture was takened. He's 18 months old now. The more I look at him the more I like him. But he's located up by Lousiana. The hubby is not real happy about that. But if I can figure out away to haul him down here I may just buy him.

he looks good to me one of the best bull's you've posted.. thick and good sheathed. i would spend the extra to get him from LA than some of them other locals

Latest posts