Some of our bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

greatgerts

Reaction score
Boggzchamp.jpg

C Bar C Boggz 915/0. September 2010 calf. This young bull had a good year showing, coming in second in points for the calf division. I am excited to get him home this weekend and start using him on some heifers this spring. EPD's +1.1, 7, 14, 1, 5

Harry.jpg

Harris Farms 006/0. April 2010 bull. This is our junior herd sire. We purchased him in the fall to help get some of the older genetics of the breed (sire is C 3 20, a bull very popular in the '80s) and mix with our newer genetics. This bull is in the top 5% in most of the EPD categories. EPD's +1.2, 22, 23, -2, +9

E-Blast.jpg

DSR E-Blast. April 2011 calf. We purchased him on the side of his dam in October, and have been very pleased with his performance so far. EPD's +2, 16, 22, 3, 11

C_Bar_C_Heisman.jpg

C Bar C Heisman April 2011 calf. We like this young polled prospect. He has got quite a bit of thickness to him and we really hope to see what he can do in the next few months. EPD's +.9, 11, 11, -5, +1

I don't have a good picture of our senior herd sire, but C Bar C Boggz is one of his first sons. His heifers have been in high demand as well. I will try and get a shot of him later this week if possible.

looks nice we have a few gert breeders here in indiana, i see them at the state fair every year.

BC":24ovfyl5 said:
Good looking bulls. I like the looks of the c3 20 son.

I really like him too. We had him with 6 heifers this fall and hope that those genetics click very well. We would have had more with him, but turned the senior sire out with the main herd because the former bull had missed a bunch and we wanted to make sure the cows got covered, and sure enough, that sucker covered all of the ones that had been missed.

ALACOWMAN":vgiyocei said:
saintgert":vgiyocei said:
Very nice--I like the use of the old genetics on the new.
no offence,, but wasnt that alot of the problem with them?
No offence taken. C3 20 was born in 1985, not what I call really old genetics. The pictured bull (Harris 006/0) that GreatGerts posted is a good young bull. It is unfortunate that a lot of Gert breeders in the 50's, 60's and 70's did not have strict culling standards for long sheathed bulls. That stigma is hard to overcome. Gert breeders have made a lot of progress in this area just like Charolais breeders have worked to overcome the perception that using Charolais bulls brings on calving problems and Polled Hereford breeders have worked on the "when you breed the horns off, you breed the butt off" stigma. It is possible to find good cattle in every breed.

Good looking animals. I like the Santa Gertrudis cattle. Hope to get me a few of them to breed with a Hereford bull at some point