Some of my calves

Help Support CattleToday:

Ricker

Reaction score
In some recent posts on my bulls, some have made comments about my cows and bulls both. Here is a sampling of my calves for you to judge for yourself. Notice the uniformity (kidding). They are 4 weeks past weaning I think, in the pics.

Hey, these calves bring very good money at our local sale or sometimes private treaty. No we are not a hobby farmer but a profit farmer with over 200 head now.

cowsandcalfs2-19-08001.jpg

cowsandcalfs2-19-08010.jpg

cowsandcalfs2-19-08009.jpg

cowsandcalfs2-19-08008.jpg

cowsandcalfs2-19-08007.jpg

cowsandcalfs2-19-08004.jpg

now thats a nice set of weaned calves.pretty evenly matched in size an weight id say.youll do good at the sale barn with that bunch.how meny calves do you have weaned in the pens.looks like they are 5 an 6 weights.

Never seen a chain link fence that would contain cattle for any period of time.........

They at least must be gentle. ;-)

a good bull on those cows would turn your calf crop around. they may bring good in florida but here in north al. they would beat you like a redheaded stepchild. and rightly so, those calves dont have the muscle they need to convert on the midwest feedlots

Thats good to know you are making money on your cattle. I like your cow herd, just wasn't crazy about the Charolais bull. The only thing I would suggest is get better bulls on those cows.

How does old CB say it they look like a box of color crayons and it looks like some of the crayons have been broken no uniformity to them when it comes to size and width. I'm with alacowman ain't no midwest feedlot take them unless they was free or real cheap.

dieselbeef":1srsfegl said:
dang...tuff crowd..
  • >>i aint postin none o my cows on here<<
...internet suicide.
:lol: no.no.no it's simple >> swappin bull's<< there's great genetic's out there to improve on any herd. his cow's can only work with the hand thats dealt them.

MikeC":668y0cyw said:
Never seen a chain link fence that would contain cattle for any period of time.........

They at least must be gentle. ;-)

That fence is in the middle of my pasture was not using it to contain any cattle just keep the calves away from the mobile home on other side.

These calves bring good money at the sale barn, it or not, and the buyes are shippers who buy and ship out west to the lots I assume.

I have thick skin and am actually appreciating the comments, all of them.

Latest posts