Some new calves

Help Support CattleToday:

kiku_fs

Reaction score
Ok, here are some of the calves that our black angus bull, Coldspring (some of u may remember him), sired. First pic is of his first heifer calf, she is almost a month old, momma is mostly longhorn.
Other 2 pics are of 2 bull calfs, first is a month old, momma is a black bauldie(she is out of our old bull, rito)
The second was his first calf, he is 4 months old, momma has a lot of gert in her.
Not the best pics, but thought u guys would like to see his calves.
LaRose.jpg

domino2.jpg

axel9.jpg

looks like you have had more rain that us. You have alittle grass and summer cedars. We don't even have summer ceders its been so dry.

I've said many times that I'm no judge of conformation, but from what I see, I like those calves...every one of them.

Alice

All healthy looking calves. Look good enough. The third calf bothers me some. Could be the picture, but looks like he has a big head and to be lacking in the rear end. What are your plans for these calves.... retain, sale barn, sell as breeders?

Your new bull sure solids them up color wise. I like the first two best. Third may just be the photo but appears to have a lot of sheath.

Well, i'll try to answer all the questions, ok, well, the last calfs pic is kinda bad, and he does have a lot of sheath, but that would be from his momma, she's a commercail cow, we will have to see how he turns out before we make any plans.

Right now, we will most likely keep the heifer, might use her as a replacement, we are getting ride our charolais cows, I think that tarentaise x black angus would be a nice calf.

As for the white faced bull calf, we may keep him to replace with our black angus, but we will have to see, he has both of our bulls in him, so he should turn out nice.

As for the rain, it rained yesterday, but not for long. We got 3 inches the other day, but you'd never know it now.

="kiku_fs"]
I think that tarentaise x black angus would be a nice calf.

You bet your boots! F1 cows from that cross would be real nice as well.

S.R.R.":2k4t6neb said:
kiku_fs":2k4t6neb said:
I think that tarentaise x black angus would be a nice calf.

You bet your boots! F1 cows from that cross would be real nice as well.

We might have a black angus heifer bred by our tarentaise. If she is, i'll post a pic as soon as i can.

Nice looking calves. All I can say is that they look healthly and that they are black. I can't really tell how thick or what i think of them, because they are to little. Right now, they look a little leggy for my taste. Take care. :cboy:

The calves look good, to young to tell for sure. But I don't think much of the third one. Post pics in a few months. :)

mnmt

The same calves? Did that red one in the first set of pictures really turn that black?
Calves look like they're growing nicely.

Chris H":2ll7zf4e said:
The same calves? Did that red one in the first set of pictures really turn that black?
Calves look like they're growing nicely.
thanks, a lot of our calves start out red and turn black, but they are from our crossbred cows, so that has a lot to do with it.

Latest posts