Some more pics from our show..

Help Support CattleToday:

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

During the next days I will post the results at the Hereford farm from the year round competition test among the young bulls over grass.

Knersie,
Around july I posted pictures of a small countryside show. I posted a picture of a hereford heifer that you said it was outstanding !! Well let me tell you that last week that same animal was choosen National Champion Female Hereford... :clap:

Some more pics.... :cowboy:

pr1.jpg

pr2.jpg

pr3.jpg

pr4.jpg

pr5.jpg

pr9.jpg

pr11.jpg

pr12.jpg

pr14.jpg

pr16.jpg

pr15.jpg

Thanks for the kind words about my previous pictures.
L

Very nice cattle. Deep and thick. What is the average frame score? They seem to be fairly large.
I do have an off subject question. The bull in the 5th pic has testicles that are twisted. Does this have an affect on breeding?

What a great lineup of bulls. I think lots of countries could do with some of those bulls. The broken face bull what would he be? Looks a little bit like a Santa cross, but I'm guessing he might be what some people would call a Braford (not here in Australia though)

Australian":2q15o60x said:
What a great lineup of bulls. I think lots of countries could do with some of those bulls. The broken face bull what would he be? Looks a little bit like a Santa cross, but I'm guessing he might be what some people would call a Braford (not here in Australia though)

Maybe droughtmaster? Edit: Oh duh, white face.

I looked into the import restrictions from Uruguay and there isn't any which means no reproductive product could be imported from there. Also AQIS when I asked said it normally takes a few years to get guidelines and rules for import/export to a new country set up. Shame because I think here we could use a lot of these really fantastic animals.

That B&W cow shown by exhibitor 627 in the 7th picture, if it wasn't for her color I would have bet cash money that she was a Jersey. She shows a lot of "type".
Not being critical, just remarking.

Ryder":coc14jyj said:
That B&W cow shown by exhibitor 627 in the 7th picture, if it wasn't for her color I would have bet cash money that she was a Jersey. She shows a lot of "type".
Not being critical, just remarking.

Then the jerseys here as well as those from the jersey islands must look very different from those in the USA.

mccabe226":vtn06b2e said:
why dont we see hereford bulls like that in the US?

I think we do. However, the one mentioned most, appears to be larger framed than average, which could be one reason why you don't see too many like him.

Eye candy for sure. I am grateful that at least one country is preserving, improving, and maintaining the phenotype of the breeds.
Its embarrassing to compare our chickenized ones over here. They all look the same. And we are somehow proud of that.

Australian":7uovgtgh said:

Good morning Australian,

Very intereting comments, yes indeed here we call them Braford :mrgreen:
I am FAR away of being an expert but I think the breed is still very open so I guess that animal has a lot of Nelore blood instead of Brahman due to the spotted face. The couriosity is that I think it has some australian blood somewhere...

I have seen some GREAT Braford on some australian catalogues. Also Argentina has very good blood lines. We are very new breeding brafords as the weather here is not so hot so british lines work ok. So we still have a LONG way to learn and to improve. Anyhow I salute these pioneers that started breeding them. It takes time, passion, work and money to start something different in a small country like Uruguay, it's difficult here to make any money with theses things, our market is very small and foreign countries not allways open their sanitary barriers despite we don't have blue tongue, mad cow desease, etc. We are free from Foot & Mouth but WITH vaticination (sp?) and that is our sin :cry2:

In the past we where free WITHOUT vaticination but a focus in Argentina near our border was hidden by their sanitary authorities despite we asked them about some rumours. We don't close our frontiers and a couple of months later it was too late... :(

Knersie,

In some minutes I will give you the bull epd's (panamericans).

L

Lorenzo":c41wmos2 said:
Australian":c41wmos2 said:

Good morning Australian,

Very intereting comments, yes indeed here we call them Braford :mrgreen:
I am FAR away of being an expert but I think the breed is still very open so I guess that animal has a lot of Nelore blood instead of Brahman due to the spotted face. The couriosity is that I think it has some australian blood somewhere...

I have seen some GREAT Braford on some australian catalogues. Also Argentina has very good blood lines. We are very new breeding brafords as the weather here is not so hot so british lines work ok. So we still have a LONG way to learn and to improve. Anyhow I salute these pioneers that started breeding them. It takes time, passion, work and money to start something different in a small country like Uruguay, it's difficult here to make any money with theses things, our market is very small and foreign countries not allways open their sanitary barriers despite we don't have blue tongue, mad cow desease, etc. We are free from Foot & Mouth but WITH vaticination (sp?) and that is our sin :cry2:

In the past we where free WITHOUT vaticination but a focus in Argentina near our border was hidden by their sanitary authorities despite we asked them about some rumours. We don't close our frontiers and a couple of months later it was too late... :(

Knersie,

In some minutes I will give you the bull epd's (panamericans).

L
always liked the nelore, but im betting the freckles are from the hereford , good looking bull

mccabe226":2ylap3h8 said:
why dont we see hereford bulls like that in the US?

Actually, the first US Hereford Show that I attended after getting back into the business in 2002 had a bull in it that looked very much like the bull pictured in the 4th and 5th picture.

I'm curious to know the breeding behind that bull as well.

Here's a picture of the bull I saw at the US show a little later in life and unfitted:
Keynote2.jpg

George

Knersie,

Wt 2925 lbs
Wt/day 2,073 lbs
Fat 1,06 inches
A.A. 57,5 inches
S.C. 44,0 cm
Teeth 8

GENTIC EVALUATION 2009
In lbs
BIRTH 5,3 (acc. 0,54)
WEANING 49,4 (acc. 0,40)
15M 85,5 (acc. 0,39)
18M 89,1 (acc. 0,36)
MILK 16,3 (acc. 0,20)
REA 0,35 (acc. 0,28)
FAT -0,02 (acc. 0,26)
SC 0,90 (acc. 0, 29)

It's a Remitall online 122L x an uruguayan cow.

L

Latest posts