Some More New Babby Pics

Help Support CattleToday:

novatech

Reaction score
Just because some of people like them. Heifer about 14 hrs. old.
IMG_0088.JPG

IMG_0097.JPG

IMG_0079.JPG

They are all born that color and change? The mom seems ok with you around, I had heard that they are dangerously protective moms (?). Its fun to see the ears on those babies, we never get anything like that up here. The baby has no hump or yes?

angie":3qgunbhl said:
They are all born that color and change? The mom seems ok with you around, I had heard that they are dangerously protective moms (?). Its fun to see the ears on those babies, we never get anything like that up here.
nor will you,... those fifty below wind chills temps and snow would wipe em out..although i had one ,, during a snow and ice storm in febuary walk out on a low place that had frozen and did the splits broke though the ice and layed there wouldnt get up... took a hotshot too motivate her into getting up out of the hole...with all this excitment she wouldnt go in the shed with the others that night got down to -10 wind chill she stood out side wet and frozen and never got sick..i did feed her some grain and hay figured she'd be dead next morning still standing in the same spot

I saw some of these beauties at the Georgia National Fair, and I tell ya what if they could survive in our climate......well I would have to have me some of them! Good lookin animals ya got there... :clap: :nod:

I had never seen one until I saw them posted on here. I agree with Angie and CKC ,if they could handle cold weather you would definitely see them around here. They sure would have handled our drought summer well. :nod:

Nice pair and that "babby" is way too cute; those ears are absolutely adorable.. :)

I thought the Piedmontese babies were just about the cutest little bovine baby there ever was...but I do have to admit that those Brahman babies are beyond adorable. I loved the disposition of the cattle that I saw in Georgia, they were all very laid back. I had heard all kinds of horror stories on this breed.

CKC1586":1xm0lioc said:
I thought the Piedmontese babies were just about the cutest little bovine baby there ever was...but I do have to admit that those Brahman babies are beyond adorable. I loved the disposition of the cattle that I saw in Georgia, they were all very laid back. I had heard all kinds of horror stories on this breed.
usually by folks that dont know how too handle em.. you mistreat or misshandle one youll see a different beast.. maybe even a little closer than you want :p they dont cowboy worth a dam

alacattleman":28bcakz0 said:
CKC1586":28bcakz0 said:
usually by folks that dont know how too handle em.. you mistreat or misshandle one youll see a different beast.. maybe even a little closer than you want :p they dont cowboy worth a dam

So there are kinda like women, treat us right and we are sweet as pie and very easy going.. Mistreat us an you will definitely see a "different" animal.. :lol2:

alacattleman":mij1rdme said:
CKC1586":mij1rdme said:
The Piedmontese are alot like that. They are very sweet but have remarkable memories and if you do one wrong she will probably never forget/forgive you. Patience is the key...
Hillsdown, you nailed it!!!

hillsdown":3vyzzlqb said:
alacattleman":3vyzzlqb said:
CKC1586":3vyzzlqb said:

So there are kinda like women, treat us right and we are sweet as pie and very easy going.. Mistreat us an you will definitely see a "different" animal.. :lol2:
no their nothing like women,,, you can reason with them
:cowboy:

angie":36ghdz5w said:
They are all born that color and change? The mom seems ok with you around, I had heard that they are dangerously protective moms (?). Its fun to see the ears on those babies, we never get anything like that up here. The baby has no hump or yes?
Some are born white some red. This cow has some Red Brahman in her pedigree. Occasionally they turn out splotchy or like a paint horse. This calf should turn dark grey with black markings later on.
That one pic with her tongue hanging out. She is licking her lips thinking I going to get out of the truck. I could normally scratch that cow on the head but for the next couple of weeks I will give her all the room she wants.
The baby has a little hump.

Thanks all for the compliments.

Baby's cute as pie, but her mama is a real looker.
Don't suppose you got a bull bred like her you'd want me to feed for you till Texas gets some rain? :lol2:

I always like to see those brahman calves with the dumbo ears. They always look like they are about to take flight at any second and fly away with the dumbo ears.

Latest posts