Some Limi and Limflex Bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

limftw

Reaction score
We just finished clipping the last of them and managed to snap a few photos of this years bulls the other week and thought I would share.

Here is the sire of the next three bulls. He is a RUNL Stetson son out of Guardian cow.

Son 1:

Son 2:

Son 3:

I don't have a current picture of the sire of the next two bulls but he is a TL Yikes(mandate son) out of a KCF Bennet Coalition daughter.

KNERSIE":1iefqleo said:
limftw":1iefqleo said:
Yeah we really liked him as well freighttrain---good thick cattle with lots of breed character.

Which breed?

Stetson is NALF 100% Limi.

I like the structure and overall look of the bulls pictured, but nearly all of them are to constricted in their fore rib for my taste. And of course, they should be red! :)

Red Bull Breeder":24a2novj said:
NALF 100% and 100% are two different things. We and done a little digging RUNL Stetson is 87.7%.
True, but I don't hold the actual or NALF percentage against a good bull if I like them enough. My favorite red Limi bull (that I own anyways) is only 75% by NALF standards. He still looks like I think a purebred Limi should and produces some awesome and consistant calves.

Red Bull Breeder":2t8vlduf said:
NALF 100% and 100% are two different things. We and done a little digging RUNL Stetson is 87.7%.
I like how the NALF is honest about the actual breed composition of their cattle......unlike some other breed associations that allow upgrading

cow pollinater":3sf2jwb2 said:
I think the last bull would be my pick and I'm not at all a mandate fan.
Honestly, he's the only one I'd even consider.
I would have to second your pick. There is just something about that bull that I like.

To each his own. If it were easy to breed the perfect specimen it wouldn't be any fun! In regards to the NALF vs Actual I would have to agree with Post Oak---punch in the registration # and you know exactly what you are dealing with.

Yep once that RUNL bull wouldn't have been a purebred. He would have been a percentage bull. Doesn't matter to me one way or the other. But I don't call them 100% if they are not. Bulls used to have to be 92% to be purebred.
Limftw pretty good looking bulls you got there. I hope they do well for you.

Post Oak":aj4nk4ej said:
Red Bull Breeder":aj4nk4ej said:
I like how the NALF is honest about the actual breed composition of their cattle......unlike some other breed associations that allow upgrading

I bring this subject up from time to time. I'm sure glad someone besides me cares about honestly representing breed percentages. Commercial operators need to know if they should expect 100% of the possible heterosis or merely 87.7% when using one bull or another.

The Aubrac association calls 90-99% purebred (as long as it also has all of the traditional Aubrac markings) ... 99-100% is bred-up fullblood (with all the markings) ... and 100% is fullblood. Actual blood percentages are used to calculate the next generation -- so a 93.8% animal only counts as a 93.8% animal (not a 100%'er like others). It's simply a more honest way of doing business.

Thanks for bringing this subject up, guys. It's good to know where others stand on this.

PS -- It's always tough to tell about anything via a single point in time picture, but there are attributes shown in each one that could help out more than a few herds. I think Son 3 looks most like his sire and the 2nd bull in the 2nd group sure looks thick. Good luck with them.

I think I didn't scroll up far enough when I was looking at them last night. #1 is not to shabby either. I'd like to see pictures of the mandate son to see what the limousin did there. I'd never guess the last two were related to him.

Latest posts