Some Hereford Bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

Lets see... First picture is 20J, second picture is 46E, and I'm not sure but maybe K10 picture on the bottom. Really surprised more breeders in the states haven't used 20J. 46E is behind some awful good cattle - foundation sire. if that is k10 on the bottom then like him too - used him and probably got some of the best females to walk our pastures - his sons were kind of let downs.

those horned herefords are meat wagons.you just cant beat bulls that look like that.

sooknortex":2bzljxi7 said:
I guess connection might be too strong a word.

I am using 20J on some heifers this fall. (dang now Knersie is gonna get on me cause this bull might be too big)(and he may be right, we'll see)

what is too big anyways? Why are you using bulls like 20J, 46E and K10. Why are they so sought after today... cause they were too big? 46E was bigger than 20J is and the carpenter/williams cattle were "great cattle" but they came with big birth weights and "too much white". Does that mean the cattle were/are wrong. Trades and balances... I sincerely believe producers from everybreed are looking for bulls like the ones you have pictured because they have been chasing genetics that have no merits for too long and they want to get back to the basics... he has too big a birth weight, he is too big framed, he has too much white... I'd be willing to bet by the time those 20J heifer calves you get turn 10 years old you are going to be scratching your head asking yourself why didn't I breed more to that bull - not, was that bull too big.

I actually have no connection to 46E. Just a great bull. I tried to chase down semen to no avail. Anybody here know of any?

there is still some 46E semen floating around - you just need to look harder. Heck, everyone says there is no K10 semen left

The third bull is FRC Sir 1 the sire of King Ten.

I am also using as son of King Ten on some heifers this fall.

So my connection is seeing if these genetics will work in my operation.

Don't take this wrong, but are you using these sires on polled or horned females?

I like them, the top best from these pics. I have King Ten in the pedigree of tw0 of the last three calf crops, as three of the last four breeding seasons I've owned half brothers with King Ten not far back. Next spring should be the third group with this breeding.

sooknortex, what King Ten son are you using? and does anyone know if semen is available from the king ten son Mill Creek Ranch sold a few yrs ago? The bulls are nice. I'd be interested in what traits you are trying to achieve from them that you couldn't be found in modern bulls similar to their phenotype.

CPL":3gn226hm said:
sooknortex, what King Ten son are you using? and does anyone know if semen is available from the king ten son Mill Creek Ranch sold a few yrs ago?
I would also like to know which son you are using. I know 595 was collected but I have a hard time getting them to return my phone calls. I did get them to once and I guess it is my fault that I didn't get semen bought.

The bulls are nice. I'd be interested in what traits you are trying to achieve from them that you couldn't be found in modern bulls similar to their phenotype.

He probably wants cattle that will be productive and not have to reley on the feed truck every week.

Hereford76":364njwvg said:
arkie 74":364njwvg said:
MEAT WAGONS!!!!!!! Good looking bulls

I agree

Here was the definition of a meat wagon in my opinion and that fella soapweed from ranchers.net could have had thanksgiving dinner with his family on his back.

http://www.ngrbulls.com/254E.jpg
you'r right... but he#$, their all none too shabby.

Well if I could see some 8-9 year old daughters of the bulls I could give you and answer. I'd know alot more about udders and how big they'd get-they are all impressive looking individuals phenotypically-probably a bit bigger than I like myself.