Some good RED and ROAN cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

Well I thought the boards were lacking some colour, so here's just a few pics of some good pretty cattle!

My partner's heifer, who I showed at the National Shorthorn Heifer Show in October. She won her class, and I won Grand Champ Parader. Unfortunately this is the only pic I have of her at the moment (the other one's are just head shots of she and I).
Allbreeds2008_235.jpg

Outstanding stud sire from my old boss's stud. The bull is pictured just coming up to 2. He is now 7 and breeding the house down. Semen has been exported to Uruguay, Argentina, Brazil and New Zealand so far. He is also eligible for the US and Canada, and England.
kookaburra.jpg

Top young bull we sold earlier this year. Oustanding figures and phenotype, out of a very good Stonelea Winchester cow. He is actually a red roan. Only one or two things about him I don't like.
linchpin.jpg

This blokes been posted a few times but he's my pet- as you can see from the second pic!!
IAWB192.jpg

P3034804.JPG

:heart: the pics!

Here is one of my bosses cows, this was taken quite a few years ago now.. probably 7 years?...
moo1.jpg

This is one of ours, Stella
cowsnov1405016.jpg

A shoddy picture of the bull
IMG_0034.jpg

and my favorite hairball, spotty
Moolillooetoct272008018.jpg

Nice pics Killala. Nice animals as well! Thanks for adding some color. :D

I really like the first heifer as well, and the 129 bull you sold. Ashamed we get docked her for non-black calves - it would make calving much more interesting

Killala, You have some very colorful animals. I raise beefmasters,so you will we some of the same color patterns.
Thamks for sharing.

thats some great looking cattle you have there.theres always some ironhead to post something they dont like about someones cattle.

I loved your pictures and agree that the first heifer is magnificent. Love your "pet" also !! :nod:

Lorenzo

baxter78":1r30tqu9 said:
You should change your signature to

Shorthorns, less calves, more calving problems. Every one I have used has caused calving problems. I tried a few bulls about 4 years ago to breed to my maine cows. These are big 1700 pound cows some of them and they had calving problems. The calves were pallett heads, had big shoulders, and I had to pull about 15 out of 46. I used maine, angus, and maintainer bulls since and have had no calving problems.

Ever stopped to think your cows may be contributing to the problem?

Please don't disrupt an honest, friendly thread.

Killala":1juwsnw6 said:
baxter78":1juwsnw6 said:

Shorthorns, less calves, more calving problems. Every one I have used has caused calving problems. I tried a few bulls about 4 years ago to breed to my maine cows. These are big 1700 pound cows some of them and they had calving problems. The calves were pallett heads, had big shoulders, and I had to pull about 15 out of 46. I used maine, angus, and maintainer bulls since and have had no calving problems.

Or that he cant judge bulls real well?

Killala you have real nice cattle. Don't let the riff raff get to you.

You have great cattle. The only reason we are moving away from the shorthorns is I am tired of watching the &@%^#! cattle buyers screw us on the ones with a little white. We lost a dime a lb the other day for a white star on the forehead of a red calf.

Keren":28gfoub6 said:
Killala":28gfoub6 said:
baxter78":28gfoub6 said:

Or that he cant judge bulls real well?

:lol2:

:nod: That too!

Hey Killala,

I think that you have some fine specimens; if you're happy that's all that matters - everyone has bad things to say about certain breeds. The problem is sometimes their opinions can be formulated very wacky (you never know from the poster why they feel the way the do most of the time ).

I say you look like your doing a good job, keep it up!

Latest posts