Some good cow....

Help Support CattleToday:

Fire Sweep Ranch

Reaction score
We have a three year old Simmental cow raising a set of twins. She is a grand daughter of Summer Sister and the bull calves are sired by Rendition (AI). They were born the end of October, and she is raising both of them. She is AI bred back to a bull called Final Cut (carried by ABS) and confirmed carrying a bull calf when she was 70 days. She is due 2 weeks earlier than these calves were born, so we backed her up. Not bad for a 3 year old raising twins!

summer_boys_march.jpg

limftw":3jtoz6k8 said:
that is pretty amazing, what are you feeding that girl!

Just hay this winter, and it tested at 4% protein! We baled late because the guy that bales for us broke his baler. Nothing else. We just opened our first spring pasture, but not enough grass yet to support the girls so we are still dropping hay bales. She is a little thin, but considering she is feeding two plus one in the oven, I think she is doing a fantastic job! I love my simmental cattle!!!

Note how square her rump is even in slim condition! Also note that she hasn't got excessively wide hips, but carry that width all the way to the pins and down to the thurls, making a very large breeding chamber and thus a very broody cow! Would like to see her profile, but I'll bet she doesn't have a short hip either.

Thanks everyone, and NO she is not for sale! :)
Here is a pic of her just days before she calved Knersie, for you! How does she look here?
summer_oct_2012.jpg

Latest posts