Some fall born bull calves

Help Support CattleToday:

Fire Sweep Ranch

Reaction score
So, I decided to picture some of our fall bulls tonight. They seemed to be happy to pose for me!
This first pic is an October (late) bull sired by Upgrade out of our good Built Right cow (we have kept every female out of her).
2h7l4iu.jpg

This bull is a half blood, sired by Chopper out of our only angus cow, a Pioneer female. He was small at birth, but grew like a weed. He is a September born.
f0otgm.jpg

This is a December born Broker x TNC Sweet Dreams embryo bull.
vz879.jpg

and his flush sister... (not mine)
6iy8ie.jpg

This is also a December born, Club King x a Dream On cow, and he is an embryo. We have his flush sister raising her first calf in the herd right now.
2el5tlv.jpg

This is one of my personal favorites, a January Built Right x half blood Macho cow. He is a 3/4 blood, and was reserve champion percentage bull at state fair in the junior show, and reserve in his division in the open. His brother from two years ago was champion in both open and junior at state fair.
28gw8w1.jpg

And a few pasture shots...
2cxavpd.jpg

1zm15rb.jpg

Just to update this thread, last weekend I sold the Upgrade bull in the first picture, the half blood Chopper bull in the second picture, and the December Club King bull. I took all three into the vet clinic on Wednesday to vaccinate, worm, get health papers (they are going to Kansas), and do a BSE on the two older bulls. My vet looked at the December (he weighs 960 pounds right now) and wanted to try to do a BSE on him also; I thought he was crazy! I was amazed, but all three bulls passed! The young December bull passed his semen check....
So all three go to their new home on Sunday, but the Club King bull is getting shown Saturday first at a little fair not far from us. That leaves me with three fall bulls, two of which are halter broke, to put on display at Farm Fest in October... Looks like I will have to take some heifers too! You must have 4 animals on display while at Farm Fest.... I like having this problem.

Latest posts