Some days I should just stay in bed...

Help Support CattleToday:

Aaron

Reaction score
...rather than take garbage to the dump, hit a patch of polished ice covered in 4" of fluffy snow and glide 50' into a 12" gate post.

Damage wasn't too bad. Ripped off the passenger mirror, a dent in the fender and around the mirror on the door. Broke the vent visor. Ripped the mud flare off partially. A number of fairly decent scratches. Just thankful it didn't bust the glass.

At least I wasn't driving something fancy like Iso's new truck. I think I would have cried then.

Yeah, pretty safe in bed. Its like a security blanket. Glad you were not hurt. I like older vehicles. So old that if things really get bad you can call the tow service and tell them to just take it to the junk yard.

At least all the damage was to the truck and not to you! Except for your pride.... ;-)

Roads are a bear around here too.... LOTS of country highways with a small stretch of dry pavement and then LONGGGGG stretches of glare ice! I'm tired of winter! (and in about a 3 weeks or so, you can hear me whine about how much I hate MUD during calving!) :lol:

LazyARanch":66r6c5r3 said:
At least all the damage was to the truck and not to you! Except for your pride.... ;-)

Roads are a bear around here too.... LOTS of country highways with a small stretch of dry pavement and then LONGGGGG stretches of glare ice! I'm tired of winter! (and in about a 3 weeks or so, you can hear me whine about how much I hate MUD during calving!) :lol:

LazyARanch, we have mud all winter long. I hate mud. Hard on the farm too when the cows keep going to their favorite spots. I do a lot of over-seeding this time of year.

It does get muddy here in Kentucky for sure, but I remember praying for rain in Wyoming. In the west you either get drought or downpour, no in between. I like what I see on this web site, wish I had found it sooner. :cowboy:

Had a week like that this past week. My wife rear ended someone, so it is her fault. Then I was in the dog house for being irritated about it. Something's broke or cost excessive money or both every day. Pretty certain I've spent a month or two's wages.

Even just staying in bed yesterday, my luck wasn't going well. I woke up to find my closet flooded and the water heater busted. :cry2:

I gave up on this week. If you have something bad or depressing to tell me, this would be the week. It can't hurt anymore than it already has.

Commercialfarmer":26ml0qor said:
Had a week like that this past week. My wife rear ended someone, so it is her fault. Then I was in the dog house for being irritated about it. Something's broke or cost excessive money or both every day. Pretty certain I've spent a month or two's wages.

Even just staying in bed yesterday, my luck wasn't going well. I woke up to find my closet flooded and the water heater busted. :cry2:

I gave up on this week. If you have something bad or depressing to tell me, this would be the week. It can't hurt anymore than it already has.

Bad is all relative. If that's the worst you've had this week, you're doing good compared to my neighbor who brought his wife home to hospice care for her last few days. He's already lost 2 kids, only has one left, and now his wife too.

We'll your absolutely right. I don't hold a candle to that and should be thankful. To be honest, when I found the closet flooded, i could only laugh. I had just finished several plumbing jobs over the weekend and thought i was good for a bit.
I didn't mention it, but a big part of what had me bumbed was a friend was murdered senselessly this weekend, and x-wife is really acting up, and that is never good for my kid.

It wasn't all trivial, but you are very much correct, it could be worse. I'll shut up and be thankful. :tiphat:

Latest posts