Some commercial cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

aussie_cowgirl

Reaction score
These are from my partners family's farm. They used to have a few hundred head but my partner's father died from cancer last year so they down sized to 100 acres so his Mum could keep her horses and a few head of cattle to supplement her income. These are just average cattle. However I found a calf down there with her umbilical cord on so not including a set of twins that died, this mob's calving percentage is 105%.

This is actually a poddy cow. She's still very quiet and likes a good scratch. She is barren now but they keep her around because she has a lot of sentimental value. Apparently she used to travel with the family when they went to campdrafts and such so she's very much a pet.
DSCF1177.jpg

This is an updated picture of the bull calf I posted a picture of a few months ago. Except now he's a steer. I'm still very much considering him for a carcass show steer next year.
DSCF1180.jpg

And this is his Mama. You can see she's putting it all into the calf.
DSCF1176.jpg

An Murray Grey X cow.
DSCF1178.jpg

This is the previous cow's heifer calf. If I make a lot during harvest I might consider buying her for a carcass show animal too.
DSCF1182.jpg

Another Murray Grey cow
DSCF1184.jpg

A new calf I found today and her dam. Simmangus.
DSCF1185.jpg

This year's bull. He's been in the paddock for around 4 months. Just a cheapy from a local angus breeder. He's lost a lot of condition.
DSCF1187.jpg

18mth steer. I think he's going into their freezer.
DSCF1186.jpg

Yearling angus x steer
DSCF1189.jpg

Yearling heifer. Needs some butt but I like her length.
DSCF1190.jpg

Yearling Angus X heifer I like
DSCF1192.jpg

I like the Blk Baldie heiand the older dark colored MG cow. That heifer just LOOKS broody to me.

3waycross":2mgwfln0 said:
I like the Blk Baldie heiand the older dark colored MG cow. That heifer just LOOKS broody to me.

Oh yeah, she just screams replacement quality doesn't she. I think they want to go into buying store cattle and fattening them because they have some really good pasture. That and the old girl wants something a little lower maintenance.

Latest posts