Some Cattle Pics

Help Support CattleToday:

Northern Rancher

Reaction score
MoosominTrip068.jpg

Here's an old red angus bull we used to run-he's about ten years old in that picture-we bought him from Dylan Biuggs at Coronation, Alberta-he was the high gaining bull on his grass test that year. The bull worked till he was 13 and never saw a mouth full of grain.

MapleCreek047.jpg

I bought these baldies from an A'I customers of mine-straight F1's out of purebred horned hereford heifers-I never could get his hereford heifers bought at Fraser's sale.

P1011332.jpg

A.I. chutes are for sissies-I've probably bred 10,000 plus cows A'I but this was the first one at the end of a forty footer-that's a much younger Ty running the rope-she stuck by the way lol.

P1010508-1.jpg

A six month old calf out bale grazing with the cows-they lick snow for water-we'll wean when we get some melt in the spring and the calves will stay out on pasture-really don't like hauling manure out of pens.

P1010276.jpg

The cows can milk pretty strong off these native meadows-this would be in midseptember-we calve over here too-pretty much impossible to check on them regular-big deepmuskeg cuts them off from the east-it's about a ten or twelve mile ride to come around from the other way-good days for young horses.

P1010138-1.jpg

I like this pic of my Lad bull alot better than the one Genex uses-kind of shows what a bull should be doing-out on trot breeding cows-he took care of three while I was taking pics.

P1011070.jpg

This is our best cow carcass wise-she's 3/4 horned hereford, 1/4 longhorn-anything we've ever fed off her has been a Prime-yield grade one. She's a 'D'model so has some longevity too.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b320/Rancher1962/Cows/SteersHighland010.jpg[/IMG

See if it will work now for me-here is how I hope they end up.

Great pictures and great cattle. The first is the most impressive, mostly because of your statement about never having eaten a mouth full of grain.
I am 50 years old and I have been AIing cows since I was 14. I had a neighbor tell me I should advertise as an AI technician, he thought there would be quite a bit of interest. The main reason I never have is because of what I can imagine a cow improperly restrained could do to my arm and I know how some people work their cattle. When I saw that pic of you AIing a cow at the end of a lariat rope, it pretty much reinforces my decision. That just ain't worth it.

Well one out of thousands isn't too bad-i've been squished in hydraukic chutes, sandwiched between cows-haafd a few end gates drop on the back of my neck-it's all good lol.

Well you got my respect, cattle look good and it looks like the owner just might be a hand to boot.

Like that RA bull. That's one he[[ova set of nuts :tiphat:

3waycross":lngm7vgc said:
Well you got my respect, cattle look good and it looks like the owner just might be a hand to boot.

Like that RA bull. That's one he[[ova set of nuts :tiphat:
man! thats for sure.... nice looking money makers

Latest posts