Some Calf Pictures

Help Support CattleToday:

randiliana

Reaction score
Here are some of our new additions.

Here is a cute and cuddly one, don't you just wish you could reach out and scratch her??
DSC02627.jpg

Or NOT :D :D
DSC02628.jpg

Here is a little darling, DH says that if she were only a paint horse, she would be worth something :shock: :D :D ;-) :cboy:
DSC02633.jpg

And another one
DSC02683.jpg

This guy was quite amenable to having his picture taken, he even posed, as you will see.....
DSC02695.jpg

DSC02704.jpg

DSC02708.jpg

DSC02719.jpg

This one is just wondering what is going on....
DSC02732.jpg

Randi
Nice pictures like your calves. The one of the red cow and salf made me shiver. I've had that cow in my ear blowin snot for the last 3 weeks. Be glad when the calvin is over we are long overdue to be mauled by one of her sisters

Ol' # 77 just looks mean and nasty. Makes for some good pictures. She is protective, but you can still handle her calf, as long as you respect her, and pay attention to what's going on. I wouldn't necessarily want to turn my back on her (or make her calf beller), but her bark is worse than her bite ;-) . Now, if you were a dog or a coyote, you might want to be careful :p . We don't stand for those man eaters around here. Have a couple that like to throw dirt, and shake their head when they see you too, but even with those, you can handle the calves without fearing for your life. They like to try and bluff a person.

Treated a calf this morning (by myself) out in the main herd (100 or so pair) just grabbed it and sat down on it. I had about 15 cows around me watching, and momma was standing right there, just tapped her on the nose with the balling gun and she backed off. The biggest problem I had was catching the darn calf.

Ohhhhh...I LIKE #9....sure is pretty. Used to have lots of calves that looked like him/her when we still had a few Shorthorn/Hereford cows in the bunch. Still have a few cows that are about an 1/8 Shorttie....tiny little milk machines, weaning calves that are 1/2 the weight of the cow.

I really want to AI some Hereford cows with Shorthorn and then cross the resulting F1 calves with a Char bull.

Latest posts