Some bulls to discuss..

Help Support CattleToday:

greenwillowhereford II

Reaction score
I'm really not a member of the bull of the month club, but that doesn't mean that I don't enjoy seeing pics of some nice looking new ones. A few that have caught my eye recently:

KSU Wildcat 656 ET; I know that the top side is primarily show stock, but I really like the bottom side of his pedigree, and the rear pic of him shows an outstanding set of haunches. Unfortunately, he didn't get the IMF from his maternal grandsire, 8020, that you would have hoped.

TRM 520E Samson 7088 5202

PW 229 Victor 360; He's been around awhile, but I haven't noticed him before.

MSF 242 Fortune 4016

KCL 29F Marksman K111 46N ET; Looks pretty good, interesting pedigree, but another failure of 8020 to overcome the Remitall influence when it comes to IMF

Day Zato Tone 943; Just had to throw him in the mix. He's about 8 or 9, but just recently has appeared on the national level, probably the only living Hazlett/Turner Ranch bloodline bull with semen available. His dam is still producing at 16. His pic was taken in ND in his work clothes, and while I think he has a little pigment, I feel that all it would take for most of the real world cattlemen/women here to pronounce him possibly the best bull they've seen would be a touch of goggles around the eyes.

Here's some I like.

DH DOMINO 302 He's on page 27 & 46. I think this bull has a lot of eye appeal. He's marked very well. He may need more IMF but otherwise I think he's fairly complete. He throws those tear drop markings often too.

HH ADVANCE 7085T & HH ADVANCE 286M Both are on page 83. That 286 bull throws MUSCLE!! and pigment.

CL 1 DOMINO 739T Page 93. I felt he may have been the top bull at Cooper's sale this year. I think he'll make Strang's a great bull.

HH ADVANCE 5212R Page 98. I actually like all the bulls on this page and page 99. To me 5212 looks near ideal in this picture.

GB L1 DOMINO 534J Page 175. He is one thick, deep bodied son of a gun.

CHURCHILL YANKEE ET He's on lots of pages. Good looking bull with great numbers. Sounds like his calves are outstanding.

greenwillowhereford II":1jh23zpf said:
I'm really not a member of the bull of the month club, but that doesn't mean that I don't enjoy seeing pics of some nice looking new ones. A few that have caught my eye recently:

KSU Wildcat 656 ET; I know that the top side is primarily show stock, but I really like the bottom side of his pedigree, and the rear pic of him shows an outstanding set of haunches. Unfortunately, he didn't get the IMF from his maternal grandsire, 8020, that you would have hoped.

TRM 520E Samson 7088 5202

PW 229 Victor 360; He's been around awhile, but I haven't noticed him before.

MSF 242 Fortune 4016

KCL 29F Marksman K111 46N ET; Looks pretty good, interesting pedigree, but another failure of 8020 to overcome the Remitall influence when it comes to IMF

Day Zato Tone 943; Just had to throw him in the mix. He's about 8 or 9, but just recently has appeared on the national level, probably the only living Hazlett/Turner Ranch bloodline bull with semen available. His dam is still producing at 16. His pic was taken in ND in his work clothes, and while I think he has a little pigment, I feel that all it would take for most of the real world cattlemen/women here to pronounce him possibly the best bull they've seen would be a touch of goggles around the eyes.

Don't care for the numbers on Day Zato Tone 943 (BW +2.2 WW +11 YW +19 M +6 MG +11). Though his numbers are that great either, the Victor bull needs better structure in the rear quarter, otherwise I kinda like him. I do like the Samson, Wildcat and Fortune bulls.

What do y'all think about Key Domino 0177 on page 54? I haven't used him, but I have seen some of his calves in shows and sales. They just don't seem to carry his muscle like I would like.

Bear in mind that Day isn't a TPR breeder, and these are genetics that are linebred straight from the Turner Ranch gene pool. I used to own the half brother of this bull, and on just the few head that my brother and I had, his numbers moved significantly. It helped when his calves ratioed higher than an ANL Quest bull's offspring in the same pasture, and the Quest bull was above breed average. My Day bull's calves had as good an average weaning weights as I've had, and my last two bulls have EPDs in the mid thirties for WW. The most laughable number of all is the MM of 6. Those cows will milk. A daughter of my Day bull weaned my highest 205 WW a couple of years ago, on only her second calf in a drought year. (Over 600#, no creep) If there was an EPD for longevity, this bull should top the breed.

The Yankee bull and several of those others are fine looking, including the Tank bull.

Latest posts