Some bulls I'd like semen on

Help Support CattleToday:

Aaron

Reaction score
northtexas":3m776uc5 said:
Somebody mentioned something in another thread about 1 man's treasure being another man's trash and being thrown away.

Here are some Hereford sires I'd like to find semen on. Feel free to PM if you have any information.

FRC Sir 1
King Ten
DR Achiever 8403
Yampa Dominator

Actually anything that is high percentage Carpenter-Williams breeding would interest me.

MR MO LE 47F
DP BRITISHER AGA 46E
AGA 10S STAND 137Y

Talk to Hereford76 about the 46E semen. :cowboy:

I'd like some on Embracer 8006 if anyone has any. A friend has asked me to breed a couple of select cows to 8006 and that is why I'm interested.

LFF":1hdw1wfv said:
I'd like some on Embracer 8006 if anyone has any. A friend has asked me to breed a couple of select cows to 8006 and that is why I'm interested.

How much do you want to pay? Last I knew Jim Reed knew of some on the East Coast but its pretty pricey. By the way this reminded me I need to reply to your email !! :oops:

LFF":1y7jvw07 said:

I do have 3 or 4 straws in my tank. I don't think I will use it and would like to have extra space in my tank.
PM me if you want to make arrangements.

Brian

I have some CS Boomer 29F that I would like to sell. I know I have at least 5 straw in the tank.

angusbreederms":ys524u04 said:
I have some CS Boomer 29F that I would like to sell. I know I have at least 5 straw in the tank.

Where are you located? I would love to have some 29F. BTW I have 1 straw of Online I don't think I will use in the near future.... our ever.

Alan

Alan":30iiraw2 said:
angusbreederms":30iiraw2 said:

Where are you located? I would love to have some 29F. BTW I have 1 straw of Online I don't think I will use in the near future.... our ever.

Alan

My problem with bulls like 8006, 29F, Online, and Thunder is that Star lake has not only raised the semen prices, but also significantly raised the certificate prices on all these bulls. I've always bought semen on bulls with the thought that the cert prices would be set and wouldn't increase before i needed them. That's obviously not true! I guess I need to get those 8006 embryos I've got into recips before their cert prices become completely unaffordable.

George

Herefords.US":8nvx1e63 said:
My problem with bulls like 8006, 29F, Online, and Thunder is that Star lake has not only raised the semen prices, but also significantly raised the certificate prices on all these bulls. I've always bought semen on bulls with the thought that the cert prices would be set and wouldn't increase before i needed them. That's obviously not true! I guess I need to get those 8006 embryos I've got into recips before their cert prices become completely unaffordable.

George

You couldn't have worded that more perfectly George.

It is a racket. It really irritates me how some greedy entities like Star Lake jack the cert prices up after buying semen. They know exactly what they are doing. Until they correct their highway robbery pricing, I will not do any more business with them. So far it has probably cost them $20K profit (not gross revenue) just for me. I am sure there are many others like me. I will try to tell 1000 other breeders and ranchers my experience.

Let's see how long they stay in business.

I will try to tell 1000 other breeders and ranchers my experience.

It sounds to me like you're farting against thunder.

KNERSIE":1k0ohvwg said:
I will try to tell 1000 other breeders and ranchers my experience.

It sounds to me like you're farting against thunder.

The customer is the boss not the marketer. They have their philosophy backwards.

HerefordSire":32ghsss6 said:
The customer is the boss not the marketer. They have their philosophy backwards.

Not really. Convince the buying public that their product is superior (through winning shows, multipage Hereford World ads, professional website, mailouts, etc) and then price that product as high as their market will bear. Sounds like a pretty sound business strategy actually. I think they would definitely sell more semen at $20 a straw with volume discounts and a $50 certificate price; but I kinda doubt that they would make more money that way.

Brandonm22":3qv4hie6 said:
HerefordSire":3qv4hie6 said:

Not really. Convince the buying public that their product is superior (through winning shows, multipage Hereford World ads, professional website, mailouts, etc) and then price that product as high as their market will bear. Sounds like a pretty sound business strategy actually. I think they would definitely sell more semen at $20 a straw with volume discounts and a $50 certificate price; but I kinda doubt that they would make more money that way.

Like I said, I am a bull buyer. I need bulls. They raise product I am interested in. They are very close to me. They didn't make $20,000 profit (not revenue) in a short period of time just from me because of their high cert prices which is unrelated to their physical bulls I need shipped because they pay for the transfer of registration.

There is only one boss. The customer. And he can fire everybody in the company from the chairman on down, simply by spending his money somewhere else.

Sam Walton

HerefordSire":vvdgkxot said:
Brandonm22":vvdgkxot said:
HerefordSire":vvdgkxot said:

Like I said, I am a bull buyer. I need bulls. They raise product I am interested in. They are very close to me. They didn't make $20,000 profit (not revenue) in a short period of time just from me because of their high cert prices which is unrelated to their physical bulls I need shipped because they pay for the transfer of registration.

My guess is that they were able to sell the bulls anyway. They just got paid by someone other than you.

whitecow":239lpfk1 said:
My guess is that they were able to sell the bulls anyway. They just got paid by someone other than you.

That is what I am thinking whitecow. For now, there is no need to change, yet.

Latest posts