Some advice on these two bulls for spring A.I. of 2010?

Help Support CattleToday:

blackcowz

Reaction score
Copyright looks cool and he's kinda breed the way you like,but he's not reg. if that's important to you.He's also not proven and he comes from a program that feeds hard,but they do use the genetics you like.I would look at a more proven bull since you don't have that many cows to experment with.

EAT BEEF":14vknd62 said:
Copyright looks cool and he's kinda breed the way you like,but he's not reg. if that's important to you.He's also not proven and he comes from a program that feeds hard,but they do use the genetics you like.I would look at a more proven bull since you don't have that many cows to experment with.
Thanks. That's good to know. I don't have any Reg. # on him, I guess I shouldn't have assumed he was a registered Angus. Nope, he just looked like a cool bull to use ot make a nice, showy black calf instead of a smokie one. Anyone know what his semen is goin for? That might help me decide if I want to use him.

Are you breeding cows or heifers and how many head? Bluegrass is a good bull, but I am still not convinced a heifer calving ease bull unless pelvic area's are very large and the heifers are well developed. Excellent performance and keep in mind a full frame score to frame score and a half larger that Copyright. Keep in mind the uniformity of your calf crop in weight and frame of your calves. IMO both bulls will sire easy fleshing cattle but a world of difference in frame scores. GOOD LUCK!

capt":3dbgiv5j said:
Are you breeding cows or heifers and how many head? Bluegrass is a good bull, but I am still not convinced a heifer calving ease bull unless pelvic area's are very large and the heifers are well developed. Excellent performance and keep in mind a full frame score to frame score and a half larger that Copyright. Keep in mind the uniformity of your calf crop in weight and frame of your calves. IMO both bulls will sire easy fleshing cattle but a world of difference in frame scores. GOOD LUCK!

I thank you so much. The bull would be used on mature cows, all pretty decent in pelvic area and about 4 or 5 frame. The only thing that worries me about Copyright is that I can't see his feet. But I appreciate it. I'd be lookin' for an outcross calf, so they'd need a little extra frame for the feedyard.

if you are looking for frame dont go bluegrass i have used him his calves have all the middle you could want but lack in performance. needs to be bred to a true power cow.
there are a lot of charolais bulls out there that are good. I have a bull named cool dude his e.p.d.s are just as good as bluegrass. i used him as a yearling via AI on around 15 bulls the avg adj.205 was over 800lbs.

Latest posts