Some advice on these two bulls for spring A.I. of 2010?

Help Support CattleToday:

blackcowz

Reaction score

EAT BEEF

Reaction score
Copyright looks cool and he's kinda breed the way you like,but he's not reg. if that's important to you.He's also not proven and he comes from a program that feeds hard,but they do use the genetics you like.I would look at a more proven bull since you don't have that many cows to experment with.

OP
blackcowz

blackcowz

Reaction score
EAT BEEF":14vknd62 said:
Copyright looks cool and he's kinda breed the way you like,but he's not reg. if that's important to you.He's also not proven and he comes from a program that feeds hard,but they do use the genetics you like.I would look at a more proven bull since you don't have that many cows to experment with.
Thanks. That's good to know. I don't have any Reg. # on him, I guess I shouldn't have assumed he was a registered Angus. Nope, he just looked like a cool bull to use ot make a nice, showy black calf instead of a smokie one. Anyone know what his semen is goin for? That might help me decide if I want to use him.

capt

Reaction score
Are you breeding cows or heifers and how many head? Bluegrass is a good bull, but I am still not convinced a heifer calving ease bull unless pelvic area's are very large and the heifers are well developed. Excellent performance and keep in mind a full frame score to frame score and a half larger that Copyright. Keep in mind the uniformity of your calf crop in weight and frame of your calves. IMO both bulls will sire easy fleshing cattle but a world of difference in frame scores. GOOD LUCK!

OP
blackcowz

blackcowz

Reaction score
capt":3dbgiv5j said:
Are you breeding cows or heifers and how many head? Bluegrass is a good bull, but I am still not convinced a heifer calving ease bull unless pelvic area's are very large and the heifers are well developed. Excellent performance and keep in mind a full frame score to frame score and a half larger that Copyright. Keep in mind the uniformity of your calf crop in weight and frame of your calves. IMO both bulls will sire easy fleshing cattle but a world of difference in frame scores. GOOD LUCK!

I thank you so much. The bull would be used on mature cows, all pretty decent in pelvic area and about 4 or 5 frame. The only thing that worries me about Copyright is that I can't see his feet. But I appreciate it. I'd be lookin' for an outcross calf, so they'd need a little extra frame for the feedyard.

subcattleco

Reaction score
if you are looking for frame dont go bluegrass i have used him his calves have all the middle you could want but lack in performance. needs to be bred to a true power cow.
there are a lot of charolais bulls out there that are good. I have a bull named cool dude his e.p.d.s are just as good as bluegrass. i used him as a yearling via AI on around 15 bulls the avg adj.205 was over 800lbs.

Latest posts