Solial media rant

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
I'm not agaisnt social media as a whole. I belive it is what you make of it. What is aggravating me is our schools are putting all the information out on social for events and act like we (parents) are just suppose to hang out on there all day waiting for info. I guess it is too much of an inconvenience to print out a piece of paper and send it with the kid like we have done for the past 50+ years? It's made the teachers less reliable. They wait until the last minute to drop it on these websites like parents having nothing else going on.

The only thing worse than social media is a "parent portal".

I guess I'm a bad parent that I actually want to make plans several days in advance and I don't want to use 5 different websites to see what it going on.🤬

Ok, let's flip this and look at it from a different standpoint. My son, 11, is AWFUL at giving us papers. A lot of us where growing up. By doing it online it should mean direct contact with the parent, thus, eliminating the panic of getting a slip turned in for something the day of. Or fake signatures for detentions and bad report cards. It also allows for instant communication if your kid is being a puke.

My mother died not too long ago, and Dad a few years before her. So much of what banks and insurance companies want now days is for us all to use the internet.

I can see the benefit, as long as it is a good system, maybe with text alerts and notifications being pushed, but a straight pull system is bad. Like you said @Brute 23 you become a servant to the system if the system does not serve you.

Last edited:
portals.jpg

Getting pretty tired of ALL the 'portals' myself.
Life was so much simpler when the only portal I knew about was the one between heaven and hell and the only app I knew of was an acronym for Auxilliary Power Plant.

Did you visit our portal and sign in?
Did you order at the kiosk?
Did you use our app?
Would you like to sign in and like us on facebook?
You must update your profile with a stronger password before logging on.

Are you a robot?
capcha.jpg

Latest posts