solenoid wiring

Help Support CattleToday:

Hi again Earl, a couple more questions. First, on your switch diagram, the leads to the presure regulator come off the bottom terminals but in your description you have them coming off the centre terminals. Does it matter either way? Second just out of curiosity, how many amps do you think the selenoids on the valves draw? I can't find anything written on them and I'm just curious.

Train

Train":2c7nafwr said:
Hi again Earl, a couple more questions. First, on your switch diagram, the leads to the presure regulator come off the bottom terminals but in your description you have them coming off the centre terminals. Does it matter either way? Second just out of curiosity, how many amps do you think the selenoids on the valves draw? I can't find anything written on them and I'm just curious.

Train

It won't make any difference which pair of terminals.

If I remember Brute's diagram correctly I counted six solonoid valves and a regulator motor. I'm guessin' that each solonoid valve will draw a couple of amps (maybe a little more) and the motor on the regulator may draw 5 or 6 amps - maybe a little more at stall. That's the reason I suggested you use 10ga wire for the primary side of the switches with 14 or 12 ga running to each of the control units. If the runs are short (< 20 ft) you might be able to use 16 ga for the solonoid valves but stick with 14 or 12 ga for the motor.

What about it Brute? Am I close? By the way, I thought you might stop by for a beer this weekend.

Train, keep us posted on how this all turns out.

Latest posts