Sold my bottle calves today

Help Support CattleToday:

FlyingLSimmentals

Reaction score
A young guy bought them and was going to put the two heifer calves on a Jersey heifer that just calved. Said he wanted to keep them and make cows. Said his uncle had a cow lose a calf and that they would try and put the purebred Simmental bull calf on her. They Brought $320 each.

I haven't got to see any bottle calves sell in a while, but I'd say you were tickled with that. All 3 calves made it, and sounds like they got a good home.

Yes, I'm happy with the price and happy that they are going to what sounded like a good home and good people. I turned down several offers before taking them there and it worked out and they did bring more. I'll miss them just a little tiny bit, well maybe Little M a little bit more. At the same time I'm glad I am not still making bottles and feeding them 2-3 times a day expensive milk replacer. My bulls had been missing some feedings in the evenings because I was running out of daylight time bottle feeding calves. I'm happy to spend more time with my bulls.

FlyingLSimmentals":1w7ekise said:
Yes, I'm happy with the price and happy that they are going to what sounded like a good home and good people. I turned down several offers before taking them there and it worked out and they did bring more. I'll miss them just a little tiny bit, well maybe Little M a little bit more. At the same time I'm glad I am not still making bottles and feeding them 2-3 times a day expensive milk replacer. My bulls had been missing some feedings in the evenings because I was running out of daylight time bottle feeding calves. I'm happy to spend more time with my bulls.

I use to bottle feed if needed, but I have learned as you best to let somebody else have fun as there sure isn't any money in them. It all goes for the milk replacer and lots of time, cleaning bottles etc.