Sold just a few more yesterday

Help Support CattleToday:

FlyingLSimmentals

Reaction score
Took 3 feeder heifers and a feeder bull to KY-TN Livestock in Guthrie, KY yesterday. Thought I post what they did since we all like hearing sale results in different regions.
- A Black Blaze Face heifer weighed 570 and brought 154.75 per lb.
- A Black and white face feeder bull weighed 540 and brought 170.25 per lb.
- A Solid Black heifer weighed 430 and brought 174.50 per lb.
- A Solid Black heifer that was a twin weighed 405 and also brought 174.50 per lb.
I'm happy that they're higher now than they were in January.

That's getting better.. Our dollar is picking up too a bit again, which puts the price of your twin heifer at $2.20cdn.. sure aint' the prices we had last summer but it's livable, and I'd rather have a steady modest price than a crazy fluctuating one with highs and lows.. Of course stockbrokers don't make money with steady prices so I don't see that happening.

Looks like they all went in the graded pens. Glad you did well, one of the yards around here I think.

FlyingLSimmentals":2cv9l5sb said:
Took 3 feeder heifers and a feeder bull to KY-TN Livestock in Guthrie, KY yesterday. Thought I post what they did since we all like hearing sale results in different regions.
- A Black Blaze Face heifer weighed 570 and brought 154.75 per lb. ($882)
- A Solid Black heifer weighed 430 and brought 174.50 per lb. ($750)
$132 divided by 140 lbs = 94.275 cents a lb
It appears to be profitable again to start putting the extra 100 lbs on the 4 weights before selling.

Son of Butch":3fls1zpg said:
FlyingLSimmentals":3fls1zpg said:
- A Black Blaze Face heifer weighed 570 and brought 154.75 per lb. ($882)
- A Solid Black heifer weighed 430 and brought 174.50 per lb. ($750)
$132 divided by 140 lbs = 94.275 cents a lb
It appears to be profitable again to start putting the extra 100 lbs on the 4 weights before selling.

I've seen that a lot since last Fall. Guess since the price is lower, buyers don't mind paying for the heavy stuff as much. Less time they have to keep them around.

Latest posts