Sold in less than 30 minutes

Help Support CattleToday:

Son of Butch":puecmni3 said:
M-5":puecmni3 said:
you never hear of a southerner moving to yankee land ..................................................................
Really?!?
Wow, how quickly we forget. Out of all the countries of the world the USA experienced 2 of the largest
and most rapid internal migrations in All of History, (that were not motivated by execution or starvation.)
All by people leaving the South to relocate to the North.

From 1916 -1930 1.6 million Americans migrated from the South to the North.
Then from 1941-1970 they were followed by an additional 5 million Americans leaving the south to go north.
Hard to believe southerners are so uneducated about their very own recent history. (Less than 100 years)

And yet the north still sux.

Its all about perspective on what you view as southern. I did have a great great great grandfather that moved to NY, too bad it was against his will and died in prison there along with many other patriots from that time.

Son of Butch":uxlrkxxi said:
M-5":uxlrkxxi said:
you never hear of a southerner moving to yankee land ..................................................................
Really?!?
Wow, how quickly we forget. Out of all the countries of the world the USA experienced 2 of the largest
and most rapid internal migrations in All of History, (that were not motivated by execution or starvation.)

Then from 1941-1970 they were followed by an additional 5 million Americans leaving the south to go north.
Hard to believe southerners are so uneducated about their very own recent history. (Less than 100 years)

We'd send some more if they'd go. The demographics would sure be different in the the south today if we could.

True Grit Farms":19mpndwb said:
Son of Butch":19mpndwb said:
M-5":19mpndwb said:
Really?!?

Hard to believe southerners are so uneducated about their very own recent history.

We'd send some more if they'd go.
Wow... who's we?
The Americans that migrated weren't Sent... They Left.

Son of Butch":9j208dcy said:
True Grit Farms":9j208dcy said:
Son of Butch":9j208dcy said:
Really?!?

Hard to believe southerners are so uneducated about their very own recent history.

Wow... who's we?
The Great Migration from South to North was a fact not opinion.

Son of Butch":1g1rlzlm said:
M-5":1g1rlzlm said:
Really?!?

SOB, you forgot one very important detail. Those folks who "migrated" to the north were actually expelled from the South. :welcome:

Son of Butch":22u8egie said:
M-5":22u8egie said:
Son of Butch":22u8egie said:
You and True Grit in charge of deciding?

opinion is not unique to just " menasoda "
p.s. It's spelled Minnesnowta
SOB stay with me , I know it's hard for you to comprehend but folks in Kentucky and w va and va claim to be southern while many are , alot packed up and simply walked across the lines into a the Yankee States. Personlly I think I 20 should dividing line , down here in the deep south the migration North during these times were not prevalent other than military service .

dun":pnu538st said:
Clodhopper":pnu538st said:
Bright Raven":pnu538st said:
Help. I am racking my brain:

What is the name of this song?

At day, I make the cars, at night I make the bars...

Tears fell on mother's nose as she read the things I wrote...son we love you and we miss you...come on home.

I think those lines come from the same song. Many country songs lament the movement of poor southern folks to the north.
500 Miles by Bobby Bare. I got the chance to see him and Jerry Reid together at the Little Nashville Opry in Brown County Indiana.

Interesting note, Jerry Reid was invested in some oil wells in my area, he was a regular visitor around here for a while.
I still miss Jerry Reed
Son!

M-5":3smied9i said:
Son of Butch":3smied9i said:
M-5":3smied9i said:
SOB stay with me , I know it's hard for you to comprehend but folks in Kentucky and w va and va claim to be southern while many are , alot packed up and simply walked across the lines into a the Yankee States. Personlly I think I 20 should dividing line , down here in the deep south the migration North during these times were not prevalent other than military service .

I'm good with I-20 being the dividing line, but the line needs to dip south for a while to miss Dallas.

Rafter S":10j6l093 said:
M-5":10j6l093 said:
Son of Butch":10j6l093 said:

I'm good with I-20 being the dividing line, but the line needs to dip south for a while to miss Dallas.

we could always impose a line from around Okeechobee west and include dallas in that. and just give south fl to cuba and your part back to mexico

M-5":13y2ui2s said:
Son of Butch":13y2ui2s said:
M-5":13y2ui2s said:
Its all about perspective on what you view as southern.
You and True Grit in charge of deciding?

Menasoda only has room for muslims now. New mosques and Arabic rapidly becoming the language of choice. Soon to be under Sharia law.

When I first moved to Missouri I asked people if this was the south north or midwest. North of the river it was about evenly divided between north or midwest. South of the river is was almost univerally procleamed to be "MISSOURA"

M-5":2qkp78yl said:
Rafter S":2qkp78yl said:
M-5":2qkp78yl said:

we could always impose a line from around Okeechobee west and include dallas in that. and just give south fl to cuba and your part back to mexico

I'll leave Florida up to you, but I meant to qualify Dallas as part of Yankee-land.

M-5":1lvgje3o said:
Personlly I think I 20 should dividing line , down here in the deep south the migration North during these times were not prevalent other than military service .

Well crap! Missed being a southerner by 17 miles.

slick4591":3ijgpogy said:
M-5":3ijgpogy said:
Personlly I think I 20 should dividing line , down here in the deep south the migration North during these times were not prevalent other than military service .

Well crap! Missed being a southerner by 17 miles.

we could let folks to the west use US 82 once we are out of Alabama

Son of Butch":xxewn5pj said:
Son of Butch":xxewn5pj said:
True Grit Farms":xxewn5pj said:
Wow... who's we?
The Great Migration from South to North was a fact not opinion.

I'm watching America: Promised Land and the migration you speak of was primarily African Americans moving to the north from the south. Huge numbers of folks migrated.

The folks in Tennessee love the bull. This is the granddaughter with her bull.

mw8m0p.jpg