Sold in less than 30 minutes

Help Support CattleToday:

$1800 for a weaned calf is a good price. I would have castrated him at birth no matter how great he was because of all the chrome. Very difficult to sell one looking like that - especially a bull. Market is soft right now. Good job.

Jeanne - Simme Valley":dwb0i46v said:
$1800 for a weaned calf is a good price. I would have castrated him at birth no matter how great he was because of all the chrome. Very difficult to sell one looking like that - especially a bull. Market is soft right now. Good job.

Jeanne:

Thanks. There is a very small niche market for chrome. I had a heifer like this last year that two older gentleman wanted only because she was a good pedigreed heifer with lots of chrome. One guy said he was 84 and at his age, he dam well got what he thought was pretty.

I have to disagree with TrueGrit. "Spotting" is a separate recessive gene. This bull does not display any spots, so if by chance he was carrying a spotting gene, the dam would also have to carry the spotting gene and both would have to pass it on to the offspring to exhibit spots. Been a long time since I have seen a spotted Simmental. Of course, we do not have very many Fullblood breeders in NY.

Jeanne - Simme Valley":3fbrgcev said:
I have to disagree with TrueGrit. "Spotting" is a separate recessive gene. This bull does not display any spots, so if by chance he was carrying a spotting gene, the dam would also have to carry the spotting gene and both would have to pass it on to the offspring to exhibit spots. Been a long time since I have seen a spotted Simmental. Of course, we do not have very many Fullblood breeders in NY.

Jeanne, be careful disagreeing with Grit. Many do. And many have died to a shot behind the left ear for their troubles.

My only concern is with your dog ... I think he's going to pocket the $1,800. Congrats on the sale and nice to hear everyone is happy.

The idea of it sold that fast it was too cheap doesn;t wash with me. If he would have had a couple of dozen people wanting to buy it at that price then I would think it might have been seriously underpriced.

Just on the money, that looks like paper money to me. All our money now is plastic, not like in credit cards but plastic money, supposed to be harder to counterfeit. But of course then you people don't like change like changing to the metric system of weighing and measuring, sticking with the imperial system something to do with your strong allegence to her majesty QE11.

Ken

Ken - American Football just doesn't mesh with the metric system.
Mentality of average American views USA as the High School senior of the world, England as a H.S. junior,
Australia, France and Italy as sophomores, Mexico as a freshman, 3rd world countries as 8th graders and North Korea
as a 7th grader or lower. I don't know if this explanation makes sense, but we have a superiority complex.

Son of Butch":10y5mniz said:
Mentality of average American views USA as the High School senior of the world, England as a H.S. junior,
Australia, France and Italy as sophomores, Mexico as a freshman, 3rd world countries as 8th graders and North Korea
as a 7th grader or lower. I don't know if this explanation makes sense, but we have a superiority complex.
I wouldn't put France near that high. Maybe fourth grade.

Ken - as you can see by the above posting, proving my point, we Americans as a group are very condescending
and that in my opinion would be the major stumbling block for mass acceptance of the metric system and when it
comes to American Football national attitude regarding metric system would be crushing.
Roll Tide :)

wbvs58":3faf1dud said:
Just on the money, that looks like paper money to me. All our money now is plastic, not like in credit cards but plastic money, supposed to be harder to counterfeit. But of course then you people don't like change like changing to the metric system of weighing and measuring, sticking with the imperial system something to do with your strong allegence to her majesty QE11.

Ken

The US doesn't care if it's currency is counterfeited. No one in the world can compete with our Tresury Dept. in printing money.

Son of Butch":3q6ulluc said:

Not a complex if it's true.

I thought you had to be from Texas specifically to be the best.

I also know it to be fact that if you're as good as you say, you don't need to toot your own horn, someone else will do it for you!

Son of Butch":19jfxyp8 said:
Ken - as you can see by the above posting, proving my point, we Americans as a group are very condescending
and that in my opinion would be the major stumbling block for mass acceptance of the metric system and when it
comes to American Football national attitude regarding metric system would be crushing.
Roll Tide :)

We might have to start watching rugby and soccer. It wouldn't take long to see that they are the superior atheletes

Latest posts