Sold a few

Help Support CattleToday:

Workinonit Farm

Reaction score
Sold a handful of calves on Sat. Got the check today. Satisfied with the prices. Highest price 93.5 lowest 75. I can live with that. Mostly 5's and one 6.

Katherine

Not bad for either of you.

The price has started to rebound already here, it's a little earlier than most years for the price of calves to start heading up. Maybe it's a good sign :clap:

Limomike":12yf7dpt said:
Were they a mixture of heifers and steers or what?

Mine were all black brangus steers....and the 535 pounder brought the .93 cents. Everything else was between these weights and prices everywhere in between.

Not bad. I will hopefully be taking in several this Sunday. Mine will mostly be heifers though, witha few steers in there too. All of them are mostly red though.... maybe a black or two thrown in. Will let you know how they do.

Limomike":3fiznfxu said:
Were they a mixture of heifers and steers or what?

Yes. Black heifers and chocolate/smokey steers. One of the heifers brought the second highest price. They were all Angus crosses.

Katherine

Monday here the 250 - 300 pounders were going for 1.13

500 pounders going for .55

That just doesn't make any sense........

Saw a group of balck steers weighing 632 bring .99 and several 275-350 heifers bring 1.00 but still a few rough calves weighing 800-900 bring .45-.60. Head cows much higher. Maybe someone thinks spring is here.

bigbull338":fapzxh1o said:
those prices sound real good.the calves are slowly bouncing back.

Slowly being the operative word, but a bounce-back is much welcomed. Lets hope the prices don't drop down again. (wishful thinking)

Katherine

theres 5 or 6 heavywight calves out in the pasture that needs to go the sale before spring.an i glad they are ready to sale.

bigbull338":29wzuyj0 said:
theres 5 or 6 heavywight calves out in the pasture that needs to go the sale before spring.an i glad they are ready to sale.

Load 'em up and go. And when you do, I hope you get a decent price for them.

Katherine

Latest posts