sold a couple

Help Support CattleToday:

farmerjan

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 1, 2016
Messages
3,855
Reaction score
985
Location
Shenandoah ValleyVirginia
kenny thomas said:
skyhightree1 said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
That’s pretty bad. Sorry man.

Yes sir.. thats the worst barn in the state but I had to get rid of them they made me mad and tore up alot of stuff if i took them to the hottest barn in the state I would have got 1.20lb it is what it is atleast they brought enough to replace the stuff they tore up and me a candy bar and a soda

How do you get that it's the hottest barn in the state? There is from 1 to 3 potloads come from there to here about every month. It isn't because they are too high. Usually really good calves also. The graded sale helps keep them good if your getting them without seeing them first.

Kenny, I think he said " IF " he took them to the hottest barn......anyway I think it was said a bit tongue in cheek.... I have no idea which sale barn he took them to anyway...
 
OP
skyhightree1

skyhightree1

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 9, 2009
Messages
20,331
Reaction score
581
Location
Free Rent ,VA
kenny thomas said:
skyhightree1 said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
That’s pretty bad. Sorry man.

Yes sir.. thats the worst barn in the state but I had to get rid of them they made me mad and tore up alot of stuff if i took them to the hottest barn in the state I would have got 1.20lb it is what it is atleast they brought enough to replace the stuff they tore up and me a candy bar and a soda

How do you get that it's the hottest barn in the state? There is from 1 to 3 potloads come from there to here about every month. It isn't because they are too high. Usually really good calves also. The graded sale helps keep them good if your getting them without seeing them first.

What im saying by hottest meaning generally prices are better to sell at and im referring to Winchester and or lynchburg
 
OP
skyhightree1

skyhightree1

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 9, 2009
Messages
20,331
Reaction score
581
Location
Free Rent ,VA
Richnm said:
Richnm said:
Richnm said:
Double up the implants at minimum , stack different drugs/implants like pro bodybuilders do . A guy I know mixes creatine monohydrate with a little grain he swears it adds 80 pounds in 10 days. He is a successful professional cattle trader.

You will get more pounds. You need fatter cows if you want more per pound. Show us pics of the condition of what you sold. If they are skinny you get a skinny price.

If it wasn't such a pain to upload pics I would
 

DCA farm

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 22, 2018
Messages
595
Reaction score
40
Location
beauregard Parish Louisiana
skyhightree1 said:
Richnm said:

You will get more pounds. You need fatter cows if you want more per pound. Show us pics of the condition of what you sold. If they are skinny you get a skinny price.

If it wasn't such a pain to upload pics I would
Actually it got a lot easier to post pictures. At the bottom left corner Where you type a regular message there is place to click that says add image to post it only takes about 1-2 minutes off of a cell phone
 
OP
skyhightree1

skyhightree1

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 9, 2009
Messages
20,331
Reaction score
581
Location
Free Rent ,VA
DCA farm said:
skyhightree1 said:
Richnm said:
You will get more pounds. You need fatter cows if you want more per pound. Show us pics of the condition of what you sold. If they are skinny you get a skinny price.

If it wasn't such a pain to upload pics I would
Actually it got a lot easier to post pictures. At the bottom left corner Where you type a regular message there is place to click that says add image to post it only takes about 1-2 minutes off of a cell phone

That's the problem I can only get on CT when im on my laptop in my truck for whatever reason my cell phone wont log into CT
 

DCA farm

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 22, 2018
Messages
595
Reaction score
40
Location
beauregard Parish Louisiana
skyhightree1 said:
DCA farm said:
skyhightree1 said:
If it wasn't such a pain to upload pics I would
Actually it got a lot easier to post pictures. At the bottom left corner Where you type a regular message there is place to click that says add image to post it only takes about 1-2 minutes off of a cell phone

That's the problem I can only get on CT when im on my laptop in my truck for whatever reason my cell phone wont log into CT

Well sounds like it’s time to trade that old thing in on a new model
 
OP
skyhightree1

skyhightree1

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 9, 2009
Messages
20,331
Reaction score
581
Location
Free Rent ,VA
DCA farm said:
skyhightree1 said:
DCA farm said:
Actually it got a lot easier to post pictures. At the bottom left corner Where you type a regular message there is place to click that says add image to post it only takes about 1-2 minutes off of a cell phone

That's the problem I can only get on CT when im on my laptop in my truck for whatever reason my cell phone wont log into CT

Well sounds like it’s time to trade that old thing in on a new model

it is new I can get on every other website and do what I need but something about ct I cant log in
 

sstterry

CT Supporter
CT Supporter
Joined
Jul 8, 2017
Messages
4,751
Reaction score
1,606
Location
Bulls Gap, TN
skyhightree1 said:
DCA farm said:
skyhightree1 said:
That's the problem I can only get on CT when im on my laptop in my truck for whatever reason my cell phone wont log into CT

Well sounds like it’s time to trade that old thing in on a new model

it is new I can get on every other website and do what I need but something about ct I cant log in

Clear your cache on your phone and then try. There was a switchover of some sort about a year ago on CT. I could not log in for the longest time until I cleared my computer cache. I don't use my phone for this site, I would never get anything done.
 

TCRanch

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 10, 2015
Messages
5,825
Reaction score
1,696
Location
Winfield, KS
skyhightree1 said:
DCA farm said:
skyhightree1 said:
That's the problem I can only get on CT when im on my laptop in my truck for whatever reason my cell phone wont log into CT

Well sounds like it’s time to trade that old thing in on a new model

it is new I can get on every other website and do what I need but something about ct I cant log in
Operator error ;-) . Delete your previous icon, google CT and add to home screen.

FWIW, Sky's cattle look great.
 

snoopdog

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 25, 2017
Messages
1,766
Reaction score
84
Location
ne oklahoma
skyhightree1 said:
Dave said:
A 685 pound bull would take a beating here. Forget the implants, just cut the nuts off.

A few barns here the bulls sell better than steers
I find that hard to believe, not saying it aint so, but I would have to see the market report on that one.
 
OP
skyhightree1

skyhightree1

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 9, 2009
Messages
20,331
Reaction score
581
Location
Free Rent ,VA
snoopdog said:
skyhightree1 said:
Dave said:
A 685 pound bull would take a beating here. Forget the implants, just cut the nuts off.

A few barns here the bulls sell better than steers
I find that hard to believe, not saying it aint so, but I would have to see the market report on that one.

Ive posted several reports on here saying so
 

gcreekrch

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 26, 2010
Messages
2,033
Reaction score
1,168
A good quality bull would likely bring more than a poor to average steer. the 30 seconds it takes to band or cut a baby calf is far more humane and usually pays 5 to 15 cents a lb.
 
Top