Sold 20hd Oklahoma

Help Support CattleToday:

Sold 20 hd of steers and heifers today at South Coffeyville. 15 steers avg 529lbs @1.52. 5heifers avg 507 @ 1.37. Mostly blacks, 4 bwf, 3 reds.
Thanks for sharing: $1.52 is sure super nice.
In SC KS(Winfield) we only saw a high of 1.39 for black steers (50lbs more) last wed.
Congrats

You hit a good lick. Were you happy with the results?
Yes very happy with results. Personally I'm always looking for real life prices to try and guage what I can expect. You see reports etc, but sometimes I feel sale barns jack up their numbers to persuade ppl to come to their barn. My cattle are probably not the best out there but these are the best set I've ever sold. Sale rep said they were some of the best hes seen in last month, proud of that.
I've got 13 more im feeding alittle longer to add pounds and hoping market stays steady or improves more. Plan to sell them Dec1 if still good or first sale in Jan if it drops. Hoping the wheat out west does well

Last edited:
Anybody out in west KS know how the wheat is doing? Heard they were afraid it wasn't going to make at all due to being so dry and that'd really hurt stocker prices. My calves sold good but curious about future prices for rest of my herd

I thought I was really doing good holding 29 calves last winter for a weight gain and price bump in the spring and then COVID hit and ....well, you know the rest.

I thought I was really doing good holding 29 calves last winter for a weight gain and price bump in the spring and then COVID hit and ....well, you know the rest.
Yeah I've heard several guys say they think prices will fall after thanks giving. I sure hope not but thats the gamble I guess

We will have 71 hd to move in mid Dec or later depending on prices. I'm getting mixed opinions on what the market is likely to do. So just going to feed them till they are ready and then move them. Wheat has improved some in West Central OK but alot still won't be ready to pasture until Feb if we get some moisture.

Latest posts