Solar Energizers ?

Help Support CattleToday:

Stocker Steve

Reaction score
I am experimenting with a solar energizer. My initial plan is to mount it on a wood brace post. My concern is that cattle may trash it. Any comments or tips?

The post will need to be sturdy especially if bulls start rubbing. I assume the actual panel would be out of their reach but you do need to angle the panel to face the south I guess, ours face north, to average the azimuth of the sun so that means they have to be higher. If it is a big system I would suggest a fence around it.

Ken

What kind is it? And I definitely wouldn't have it where the cows could reach it

a nytime I'm using electric its temp. and almost always terminates against a permeant fence. my chargers get hung off the closest tpost with no worries of the cattle. its got a hot wire running to it. itll shock em . they leave it alone.... solar panels work very well and most will run a long time,days even weeks on just battery power. so cloudy rainy stretches don't usually cause problems and when they do it usually means time for new batteries.

Aaron":1yte6jxz said:
Mount 6' high and close to fence. Cattle won't mess with it.

Ya. I think I will put a vertical plank on a post and mount is so I can reach up for cleaning or switching it off.

Have you seen a grounding benefit from mounting in a dip or swale?

Stocker Steve":2fdo0vx3 said:
Aaron":2fdo0vx3 said:
Mount 6' high and close to fence. Cattle won't mess with it.

Ya. I think I will put a vertical plank on a post and mount is so I can reach up for cleaning or switching it off.

Have you seen a grounding benefit from mounting in a dip or swale?

Always. I have one I need to move 40 feet, pull out of a dry knoll and into a mucky hole. Makes night and day difference in a drought.

Latest posts