Soil test results

Help Support CattleToday:

Angus Guy":2d52ehid said:
As far as know it needs to be requested.

If that's the case, how do you know that the amount per acre that is being applied is right?

dun

The soil tests don't give CCE of lime because it is the test that the state uses. This varies from quarry to quarry. It is publish and any quarry and lime dealer will have the list to make reccomendations off of.

The other dilema around here -- central illinois -- is that spreading lime is a small profit compared to other fertilizers so it isn't the priority for the fertilizer companies. The wait for someone to spread lime can be from 6 months to 2 years.

I think you are saying pound for pound I would be spending much more on the pel-lime. My question is would it help speed the changing of the ph? or should I just be paitient and wait for the 2005 application ? Also my tests said I needed 6-8 tons per acre, so the 2005 application was less than really needed, but not recommended by the fertilizer company. Sorry for a long post. Thank, Donna[/quote]

400 lb.s would be a waste, I would just wait. Try to find a company that just spreads lime. I had the same problem in my area with the normal fertilizer and grain elevators so I found a company that just spreads lime and they were fast and cheap.

Latest posts