Soil Sample Results

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

This new testing company we are using gives no info on Sulfur, Zinc, Manganese,Iron,Copper or Boron. Forgive me, all I know about is lime and N,P,K. Can someone tell me how important those missing are.

low copper can cause grass tetany. now i know that grass tetany is most times blamed on lush or new green grass. maybe because it's low in copper. but i do know that low copper will do it.

To be honest, I don't think means that much...would always be nice to have but micronutrients are in such low numbers in your soil and are almost always present...fact that they don't include in your soil sample probably only means that they are saving money and not testing for the micronutrients. The micronutrients work with your primary nutrients to build the chemical bonds helpful for your soil. Since they are in such small numbers, they are probably there. To the point that you really only have to worry about the primary nutrients (NPK). If you are concerned about your micronutrients, ask your Coop if they provide "rainbow" fertilizer. It's more expensive but each "pebble" of fertilizer will include all the micronutrients. Best of luck this season. Cheers, Bill

Latest posts