Soda Tax? Yet Another Reason...

Help Support CattleToday:

So that's the reason I've gained 5 pounds over the past 25 years. In the winter I cut down my regular Coke consumption to about 2-2 1/2 2 liter bottles a day, during the winter it's more like 4-5 2 liter bottles plus numerous cans.

dun":45xdq229 said:
So that's the reason I've gained 5 pounds over the past 25 years. In the winter I cut down my regular Coke consumption to about 2-2 1/2 2 liter bottles a day, during the winter it's more like 4-5 2 liter bottles plus numerous cans.

Dun, what you need is a big ole tax to discourage you from drinking that much Coke... Gimme a break. For the life of me, I can't figure out how some of these taxes get dreamed up. Do you think they ever think about decreasing expenses instead of increasing taxes?

skyline":2f1xs2wc said:
Do you think they ever think about decreasing expenses instead of increasing taxes?
Surely you jest! It's the government, the only way to steal and not have to worry about going to jail.

It sure is nice to know that our government cares so much about the overwieght kids in new york,one less thing for their parents to worry about.

It's no secret that people tend to overeat during the holidays. Wouldn't surprise me if someone comes up with a "holiday tax" sometime soon.

skyline":2dkwswdv said:
Gimme a break. For the life of me, I can't figure out how some of these taxes get dreamed up. Do you think they ever think about decreasing expenses instead of increasing taxes?

Ahh now come on, there are too many neat and vital programs that need expanding and so many other countries that need our money so they can hate us even more. Heck, if I could figure out a racket like they got going on and legally get away I'd do it too. I've been wanting me some of those $30,000 water troughs around the farm. I think they would look nice. Besides, my cows deserve it.

Jogeephus":1l8om1vr said:
Ahh now come on, there are too many neat and vital programs that need expanding and so many other countries that need our money so they can hate us even more. Heck, if I could figure out a racket like they got going on and legally get away I'd do it too. I've been wanting me some of those $30,000 water troughs around the farm. I think they would look nice. Besides, my cows deserve it.

Well said Jo'...... :tiphat: :clap:

I'm sure that we'll see another big barrel of dollars go overseas again to create more hate. They never seem to appreciate any good will.

Studies have shown that the sweeteners used in diet drinks may cause brain tumors as well as other aliments. Some artificial sweeteners are poisonous in large amounts. For my own health, I would choose the drink with sugar in it (not corn syrup).
Looks like we're going get another influx of northern folks moving to Texas. This time, Soda drinkers :D

Latest posts