So what is this on the trail camera?

Help Support CattleToday:

Guy over this way lost some goats to q cat large enough it carried them over a woven fence. I didn't see it with my eyes. But I believe him.
I totally agree that you are close enough to the Smokey Mountain Park that it is entirely possible. If I remember correctly their range is 50 miles and as a young male matures he has to find his own territory outside of the area he grew up with. Doesn't take long for them to expand.

A couple years ago I was sitting at my dining room table reading. I looked out the window and saw something on the railroad tracks next to our house. The tracks were covered in brush and trees so I didn't get to see it for more than a couple minutes. It was either a bobcat or mountain lion. It hit behind a tree and I never saw it after that. It was light brown/tan colored and had a long big body. It seemed too big to be a bobcat. I wish I would've paid attention to its tail to know for sure.

My dad was spreading fertilizer a few years ago and two mountain lions jumped out of the tall grass at the edge of the field and ran off. He said they had long tails that were very noticeable.

I will tomorrow. I don't think it was a calf or any other animal or he would have mentioned it.

Tt did you find the nearest Chevy dealership? 😂 Bahahahahaha! Just teasing!

Ask if he has more pictures. We want more pictures please. Tell him we all agree it's a puma/cougar/mountain lion. 😁😉😝

View attachment 2835Got this one on the wall above my desk for reference.
We have seen a few of these in Missouri And even more black bears. Not being a tree hugger I DO NOT AGREE that we need either of them here. I have lost caves. Anything that will kill cattle can and will kill people. (And more cows) Far worst than stray dogs, but protected .......... I know but that is my opinion...... I am sure you have one too.

We have seen a few of these in Missouri And even more black bears. Not being a tree hugger I DO NOT AGREE that we need either of them here. I have lost caves. Anything that will kill cattle can and will kill people. (And more cows) Far worst than stray dogs, but protected .......... I know but that is my opinion...... I am sure you have one too.
I saw the cat,,,it was a mountain lion....believe me if you want ....if you don't I do not care. I saw it and I know it was real.

Great trophy....good job.

I'm still saying cougar. 🐆
I read about black bears and cougars being in Missouri and Arkansas. If cougars are in Eastern Kentucky, Eastern Tennessee, and surrounding areas they most definitely can travel to other areas. Mostly a male traveling that has been ran out by other males. When they say they don't exist it actually means there isn't a breeding population, not they can't exist. Same with wild hogs.
Go to the dollar store or goodwill lots of cougars. 😁🤡 🙈🙉🙊🤣
So they say you can't shoot cougars yet if they aren't in your area it's not a cougar right. 😝😉

I read about black bears and cougars being in Missouri and Arkansas. If cougars are in Eastern Kentucky, Eastern Tennessee, and surrounding areas they most definitely can travel to other areas. Mostly a male traveling that has been ran out by other males. When they say they don't exist it actually means there isn't a breeding population, not they can't exist. Same with wild hogs.
So they say you can't shoot cougars yet if they aren't in your area it's not a cougar right. 😝😉
You crack me up! Love your sense of humor!

We are located in east central KY, we have had black bears in the area for several years. From what I understand they are or can be about anywhere in the state now. There were pictures of one in Lexington last summer. The wild life experts deny that mountain lions are around, yet a fish and wildlife officer shot one out of a tree in Bourbon County a couple years ago, and one was hit on the road in southeastern KY. I know two credible individuals that say they have seen them in Clark and Powell Counties. The experts say that if they are here it is a case of an escaped one or that have been brought in and released. My opinion is that they probably could be some mountain lions around. When I was a child, we didn't have coyotes or turkeys, now not there aren't many days we don't see turkeys, and hear or see coyotes.

It is a bobcat. I have watched bobcats in the pasture right out my living room window. I have had lion tracks in a fresh snow less than a hundred yards from the house. Had lions kill deer as close as 100 yards from the house. Just this week the wife found a fresh cat killed deer about 300 yards from the house. I am pretty familar with both bobcats and mountain lions. It is definately not a lion.

It is a bobcat. I have watched bobcats in the pasture right out my living room window. I have had lion tracks in a fresh snow less than a hundred yards from the house. Had lions kill deer as close as 100 yards from the house. Just this week the wife found a fresh cat killed deer about 300 yards from the house. I am pretty familar with both bobcats and mountain lions. It is definately not a lion.

Come on Dave have some fun. It's a cougar. 😁

Latest posts