So what is this on the trail camera?

Help Support CattleToday:

After researching... Im going with a guess puma aka cougar. Is that not a tail? Looks to muscly to be a domestic cat. Doesn't have the hairy ears for a lynx. Bobcat have stripes right? Puma.
Agree with that man. Tell him you believe it's a mother must have cubs somewhere. 😁😝

You can actually call the fish and wildlife (at least in Kentucky) if there is any foot prints they will come out look at them decide weather to measure make molds and test them to see if it's a cougar. They did that a my mawz farm. It came back 2 different sets of cougar prints. Yet we don't have cougar here. 😉 seriously there are cougars in Eastern Kentucky they could easily walk run jump to Franklin Tennessee. Not like there is a board Patrol tells them they are out of their area turn around. Same for bears, snakes, wolf's or anything else. 😊

Is that not a tail? Or what am I looking at?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210306-211519_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210306-211519_Chrome.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 12
Close up

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210306-211921_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210306-211921_Chrome.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 8
In the TT photo what appears to be a tail could be a leaf or something, and in the background looks like a cow paddy to me.

This is from a trail cam, showing what we thought was a bobcat (about 50' from the house).
bobcat1.JPG

In the TT photo what appears to be a tail could be a leaf or something, and in the background looks like a cow paddy to me.

This is from a trail cam, showing what we thought was a bobcat (about 50' from the house).
View attachment 2838

TT 😆 drives a Ford every is in now questionable. 😂🤡
Somebody needs to show T.T. where he can buy a Chevy. 😁😅🤣🤡

What happened TT go to bed cause he drive a Ford. 😆😅🤣😂🤡
Bahahahahahaha!!

I have seen a black panther with cubs around Sneedville, TN. When I was a teenager. Whole family saw them.

To me that looks like a young adult mountain lion.

No black color phase (termed melanistic) of a cougar has ever been documented. There is, however, documentation of melanistic jaguars (Panthera onca) that live in Mexico and south to northern Argentina, as well as melanistic leopards (Panthera pardus) in Africa.

No black color phase (termed melanistic) of a cougar has ever been documented. There is, however, documentation of melanistic jaguars (Panthera onca) that live in Mexico and south to northern Argentina, as well as melanistic leopards (Panthera pardus) in Africa.
I have to agree with CB here. The North American Mountain Lion does not come in the color black. That does not mean that some from. South American were not brought in as pets and later released.
True North American Mountain Lions were turned loose in the Smokey Mountain National Park a few years ago. Excuse was to control the deer population. Within a couple months they were documented outside the park killing goats instead. These lions wore collars so it was well known where they were.

Latest posts