So thankful for rain!!!

Help Support CattleToday:

Highpoint

Reaction score
City folks have no idea as I was a city person for more than 50 years and when it did not rain I just turned on the sprinkler. Forgive me as now I pray and look at my neighbors land and realize they have worked so hard and need rain.

It has been awhile since the last rain and tonight a shower came just so thankful.

We are as dry as a popcorn fart around here. We were suppose to have a decent chance yesterday, today and tomorrow but it looks to be staying west. Got all my seed out because of the good chances and it looks like Mother Nature has different ideas.

When I was younger and didn't have cattle,didn't care If it ever rained...now it's consumes my thoughts,, right next to hoping it never snows again... :cowboy:

We are dry also over here in the valley. North of Harrisonburg Va it is REALLY dry, corn drying up in the field and alot doesn't have much for ears. Now I am dealing with a spring going dry at one place, and hauling water, and will move some out that I was breeding A I because it just is too much to haul water to over 30 head. It's where we calve out the first calf heifers, but has a small barn and head catch so works well for catching cows, like for breeding. No rain in sight for another 10 days at least.

farmerjan":2n9ffmc1 said:
We are dry also over here in the valley. North of Harrisonburg Va it is REALLY dry, corn drying up in the field and alot doesn't have much for ears. Now I am dealing with a spring going dry at one place, and hauling water, and will move some out that I was breeding A I because it just is too much to haul water to over 30 head. It's where we calve out the first calf heifers, but has a small barn and head catch so works well for catching cows, like for breeding. No rain in sight for another 10 days at least.
I hate to hear that, but personally, even with 2011 in mind, I am now of the opinion that there are worse things than drought.

farmerjan":2xpialx4 said:

I wondered how it was, over there, on the other side of the mountains. I was in Elkton on Tuesday, it sure is dry there too, so I figured its got to bad where you are as well.

Sure sorry to hear so many without rain. I pray all receive rain and neighbors who too realize how important it is pray for their area farmers for rain.

Highpoint":3mghj49p said:
I pray all receive rain
Thanks, now I know who to blame. :)
It would be nice to know where here is. Rain is predicted here for Sunday and Monday.
We don't need it now, as our crops are finished growing and just messes with dry down and harvesting.

When praying rather than pretending that I know what is best or best for all....
I pray for God's will to be done.

Thursday we got 6/10ths, the first rain since the 20 inch 3 day rain a month ago. Got some oats planted this afternoon.

I guess I should have said I pray all who need rain receive rain and Thy Will be done on earth as it is in heaven. In heaven there is no need of rain. I already know He wishes above all things that we prosper and be in good health as our soul prospers but yes He knows that you do not want rain and your prayer over your land does trump.

He also says where two shall agree as asking Him for anything it shall be theirs. Sounds like some on the board are struggling and need someone to believe with them. That is all.

Just got another half inch....would have finished planting oats had I not gone back for 3 more bags....or the hydraulic steering hose in the dash not sprung a leak......

24 inches from Harvey and another 5 inches last week. We are good for the fall. Neighbor was complaining about not being able to cut hay and getting his boots stuck in the pens but I will take the rain almost any day. He should be able to cut this week.

Latest posts