So one more thread

Help Support CattleToday:

shaz":3ky9gxqt said:
greybeard":3ky9gxqt said:
One of the hallmarks of science is that absence of evidence does not equal evidence of absence

Donald Rumsfeld?
No, he may have used the phrase, but this predates Rumsfeld by several centuries at least. It's part of the branch of philosophy called Epistemology--the ancient theory of knowledge.

lavacarancher":fkgltqxs said:
Probably someone from upstate NY got it locked. :lol2:

If you mean me, you are wrong. I was an equal participant in the discussion, and can certainly handle anyone on here myself, thankyouverymuch :D

boondocks":2023bcwz said:
lavacarancher":2023bcwz said:

If you mean me, you are wrong. I was an equal participant in the discussion, and can certainly handle anyone on here myself, thankyouverymuch :D

Oh, not only a little testy but also paranoid. :lol2:

lavacarancher":2jq2u9x8 said:
boondocks":2jq2u9x8 said:
lavacarancher":2jq2u9x8 said:

That's not paranoia. That's confidence !!

lavacarancher":2fovsvoa said:
boondocks":2fovsvoa said:
lavacarancher":2fovsvoa said:

Been called worse, by better ;)

greybeard":26lauh39 said:
shaz":26lauh39 said:
greybeard":26lauh39 said:
One of the hallmarks of science is that absence of evidence does not equal evidence of absence

Donald Rumsfeld?
No, he may have used the phrase, but this predates Rumsfeld by several centuries at least. It's part of the branch of philosophy called Epistemology--the ancient theory of knowledge.
Very good, GB. :nod: :nod:

JSCATTLE":2wbc9m7c said:
I post in spurts because it gets boring .. sometimes I go a couple months without looking at the site.

That's where I'm at with it also JS. This is always a good time of year to drop back in because there will be some interesting calving and grass posts...

boondocks":2k6dziq9 said:
lavacarancher":2k6dziq9 said:
boondocks":2k6dziq9 said:

Now that would be very difficult ("better than me")

bball":3c0yce5c said:
JSCATTLE":3c0yce5c said:
I post in spurts because it gets boring .. sometimes I go a couple months without looking at the site.

That's where I'm at with it also JS. This is always a good time of year to drop back in because there will be some interesting calving and grass posts...
I do enjoy this time of year . Expecially seeing other people's cows from different parts of the world.

greybeard":1bmpe3xz said:
shaz":1bmpe3xz said:
greybeard":1bmpe3xz said:

Donald Rumsfeld?

I believe Heraclitus was one of the originators of this philosophy. Here is this philosophy compared to other famous philosophers and their view of a doughnut. I'm sure you could substitute a cow for doughnut if you wish. ;-)

6zplhsk.jpg

boondocks":z3xcfjjn said:
lavacarancher":z3xcfjjn said:
boondocks":z3xcfjjn said:

LOL!

Nesikep":vbmpp4ph said:
Jogeephus":vbmpp4ph said:

Where's Schrodinger's donut? The box of donuts has and doesn't have donuts in it as long as it's closed.

greybeard":vbmpp4ph said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

These are some of the very funny and witty things that have been in too short supply on this forum lately...the stuff that makes it a fun place to hang out.