SO mad

Help Support CattleToday:

LoveMoo11

Reaction score
Ok, I am currently going to school, so I live an hour away from my hometown & the farm. My grandfather and I have a small herd of Angus, he takes care of them while I'm gone. There is a man currently renting my grandfather's dairy barn. Well, this week one of my show heifers had her first calf (on the coldest day of course). Well the man who is renting the barn went out to see what sex is was, since it is pretty icy out there and my grandfather doesn't get around super well. He told my grandfather it was a heifer, so my grandfather called me and told me. He said the calf looked great and was really healthy and active. I was wicked excited allll week to get home and see that calf, had a name picked out and everything. Took my camera with me and I had hoped to have pics up here today for everyone to see. WELL, I went running outside as soon as I got home, took a look, went back in the house and told my grandfather, "Papa, I have never seen a heifer with nuts" :mad: :mad:

At least he'll probably be good eating eventually :roll:

can't believe the guy who's renting the barn thinks he's going into the cattle business.

thanks for letting me blow off some steam!

ill say this that greenhorn had better learn the differance tween nuts an teats or he will be in trouble.sorry that it ended up being a bull.

Try matching up calves sex and the numbers in the book and have them not add up. :mad: :roll:
Took us around an hour to figure out that the hubby entered the wrong sex of a calf in his book.

I luv herfrds":2pewloyt said:
Try matching up calves sex and the numbers in the book and have them not add up. :mad: :roll:
Took us around an hour to figure out that the hubby entered the wrong sex of a calf in his book.

I know it must be tough when those that are perfect must deal with mere fallible human beings

Atleast he went out to check for you! I know of too many that would not even do that for a neighbor. I say count your blessings while you have them.

Well, I have to admit I have called a few young new born calves by the wrong sex in my life time - mind you I did not walk over and physically check.

Guess I am as fallible as the next person.

Bez+

you may need to check in on the fellow, he may be milking bulls????? I hope not, but, The world is full of strange people.

buckwheat

dun":3nm3a88e said:
I luv herfrds":3nm3a88e said:

I know it must be tough when those that are perfect must deal with mere fallible human beings

Amen to that!

Latest posts