So Long, My Old Friend

Help Support CattleToday:

The thread I've been hoping not to see every time I get on here. Never met in person but never stopped him from being helpful and friendly to me and others. :tiphat: to you Dun.

I met Don several times over the last numerous years being on here. The first was at farm fest, and we had a lengthy conversation about red Angus and Simmental, and at the end he finally said who he was (from ct). He was also kind enough to donate 5 straws of semen on Jeanne White' s bull, Macho, to our junior association to auction off for a fund raiser. I would see him at the Genex membership meetings in strafford also.
Sorry to hear about this, and my prayers are with his family. The world lost a good man today.

Very sad to hear that I always liked reading his post lots of knowledge he will be greatly missed. My deepest condolences to all his friends and family.

Some times, when I'm riding horses, with my children we encounter an obstacle that they can't over come. My horse is pretty seasoned. If I'll move to the front, and get my horse across, the younger ones will usually follow. It seems, that if they can see it done, then they can do it for themselves.

Dun was the seasoned one, that knew how to do it. His wisdom allowed many to follow.

Before you cross the river Dun......leave a good horse on this side.

Nothing I can say that hasn't been said.He meant a lot to many of our members.So many nice comments about the man.

Reminds me that we should maybe take the time to let someone know how much they mean to us while they're still with us.Some,I know, would be embarrassed by the compliments.I expect he would have been one.

JW IN VA":2iye17j0 said:
Reminds me that we should maybe take the time to let someone know how much they mean to us while they're still with us.Some,I know, would be embarrassed by the compliments.I expect he would have been one.

He was quite embarrassed by the response to the post I made a couple weeks ago regarding his condition, he told me so. I got a chuckle out of it and told him it served him right.

cfpinz":s5z6r0pr said:
JW IN VA":s5z6r0pr said:

He was quite embarrassed by the response to the post I made a couple weeks ago regarding his condition, he told me so. I got a chuckle out of it and told him it served him right.
Thank you cfpinz for that post you made, & giving us the opportunity to share our thoughts with Dun. CT will not be the same without him. Prayers for his family, May they draw comfort from knowing all the lives he touched.

A sharp stab in my heart. I share the sentiments you all shared. He will be missed, and always remembered. My wife and I visited him and his wife, and they were so very hospitable.

Bye old son..

Wow wasn't expecting this. A real kick in the groin. Loved the man like a dad and I think he was sort of "dad" to a lot of us. May the Lord receive you into his presence. Thanks for everything.

His presence on this board, is/was very much like the presence of that of Northern Rancher over on Rancher's. CT will be a very different place now.

So sad to hear this. I never met him in person, but felt like I knew him from reading what he posted. He was a very generous man.

Rest in peace Don. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers this evening!

I will alway know him as Dun, the glue that held this forum together, the person that was not always so quick to judge, the voice of wisdom and experience. We communicated about 3 weeks ago. So quick can good people leave us. He will be missed.

Latest posts