So Long, My Old Friend

Help Support CattleToday:

cfpinz

Reaction score
I just received word that Don (dun) passed away early this morning in his sleep.

I've always thought that we can learn something from everyone we meet. Sometimes it's what we should be doing, other times it's what we shouldn't be doing. Don was one of those rare individuals that served as an example of both, and I mean that as the highest form of compliment.

If you're lucky enough in this life, you'll meet a handful of people that you know you're a better person for knowing, and Don was one of those people for me. He and his wife welcomed myself and my wife into their home and treated us like family. I remember telling them one time I felt just as at home in their home as the house I grew up in, that's the kind of people they are.

So long, My Friend.

Requiescat in pace kind sir.
May your wisdom continue to touch lives in the words you left behind here.

Don.jpg

Don Thorpe was an invaluable part of the Q & A Boards with his vast knowledge and experience that he was so willing to share with you as evidenced by his 47343 posts. As your Moderator he worked tirelessly to make this place a friendly place to come and discuss cattle issues and find solutions to your problems. Thank you Don for all you did to make this forum what it is today. Rest in peace my friend.

It looks like Dun made a lot of friends and influenced a lot of people. Comes across as honest and hard working. I know he will be missed here. We are very fortune to have known him and should rejoice in the fact that we had this opportunity. Life is a hard rough road that we travel getting to the end destination. But it surely helps with someone on the road with you that helps and guides us along this road of life. That is the role Dun played.

M Gravlee":2674461u said:
Don.jpg

Don Thorpe was an invaluable part of the Q & A Boards with his vast knowledge and experience that he was so willing to share with you as evidenced by his 47343 posts. As your Moderator he worked tirelessly to make this place a friendly place to come and discuss cattle issues and find solutions to your problems. Thank you Don for all you did to make this forum what it is today. Rest in peace my friend.

Macon , Can you or someone post his arrangements, I would like to send flowers or make a donation if that is an option in his obituary .

Thank you

M-5":26a4jsst said:
Macon , Can you or someone post his arrangements, I would like to send flowers or make a donation if that is an option in his obituary .

Thank you

Not Macon, but I will post the arrangements if his wife approves.

Latest posts