So long and good riddance ...

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent":3tafkweh said:
For the health thing try to walk 35-40 minutes a day hard and watch the carbs. Before you know it you will be a slim, trim working machine and feel like 20 again. I don't blame you on the cattle as at current prices compared to the input cost not a lot there. I am with Kenny if and when the Government ID tagging is required it will be the final nail, unless monetarily it improves drastically. I can make easier and better money I believe other ways with a lot less time.

I didn't have to walk to feel trip with my gut issues I lost 30 lbs which is part of the issue im not able to eat the calories I was before. I still do walk checking animals and such about 35-45mins daily. Yea, I love my base herd of cattle and will be a sad day for them to go some have age on them so it was about time anyway.

skyhightree1":16l6237n said:
willow bottom":16l6237n said:
Well nobody can accuse you of not being a hands on cattleman that's for sure. You seem to have way more labor inputs than I do. How many cows were you running for it to be so much work?

a couple hundred at one point but I have been selling down for a while. I also raised bottle babies.

Yeah a couple of hundred is a full time job by itself

willow bottom":qiyehfhf said:
skyhightree1":qiyehfhf said:
willow bottom":qiyehfhf said:
Well nobody can accuse you of not being a hands on cattleman that's for sure. You seem to have way more labor inputs than I do. How many cows were you running for it to be so much work?

a couple hundred at one point but I have been selling down for a while. I also raised bottle babies.

Yea. Lets just say I quickly bought more than I should have and its been a little ridiculous

skyhightree1":20jxca6k said:
willow bottom":20jxca6k said:
skyhightree1":20jxca6k said:

Yea. Lets just say I quickly bought more than I should have and its been a little ridiculous

You could have sold them to the busy crowd around here. I'm sure 200 extra cattle would have just been a simple solution to not being bored for them :lol2:

That extra walking....can't seem to see or feel the benefit from it. Just wearing me down faster the best I can tell.