So it's still not spring

Help Support CattleToday:

Aaron":toi2a9rs said:
Snow is gone minus a few remaining glaciers hidden in the shade of trees. First areas that opened up now have grass growing. Some places I have a good inch to inch 1/2 of new growth. Every day for past 2 weeks has been 50F and above. Some guys already fertilizing. Others going to hit fields next week.

Ya, but when will the ice come off the big lake?

Stocker Steve":2222ej01 said:
Aaron":2222ej01 said:
Snow is gone minus a few remaining glaciers hidden in the shade of trees. First areas that opened up now have grass growing. Some places I have a good inch to inch 1/2 of new growth. Every day for past 2 weeks has been 50F and above. Some guys already fertilizing. Others going to hit fields next week.

Ya, but when will the ice come off the big lake?

Next week or so. Ice is very rotten and ready to go.

weeds been sprayed,
fertilizer is laid.
rains we've seen,
and grass is green.
no more feeding hay,
and the cattle are happy they say.

krc

growing some here, got some much needed rain the other day.. didn't get a lot but i'll take anything.

found some hay to buy so i'm set for another 20 days of feeding.. hopefully by june they can be on grass. . WHAT?? JUNE?

ddd75":xzev7p0u said:
growing some here, got some much needed rain the other day.. didn't get a lot but i'll take anything.

found some hay to buy so i'm set for another 20 days of feeding.. hopefully by june they can be on grass. . WHAT?? JUNE?

We got probably 2 inches of gentle rains yesterday. Grass is taking off. I think the worse is over.

26 here today (78 in foreign-heit) Leaves are popping out, grass is coming. I think it's spring now. Until May long weekend anyway, seems like we get snow that weekend like clockwork.

Silver":pe03ep99 said:
26 here today (78 in foreign-heit) Leaves are popping out, grass is coming. I think it's spring now. Until May long weekend anyway, seems like we get snow that weekend like clockwork.

I am pleasantly surprised. Grass has been very slow all spring. Now, I think I have the best grass I have ever had.

Latest posts